Chapter One

"Haley, its inevitable that you'll get in the sack with someone from Steppenwolf tonight. Don't worry, just take everything as it comes." I cooed to my best friend, and groupie extraordinaire as she applied copious amounts of eyeliner.

"You better be right, or I'm blaming you!" Haley giggled with excitement. "But who I really want to hang around with, well you know."

We were both head over heels for The Rolling Stones, one of the greatest bands to have formed. Haley was hopelessly in love with Charlie Watts, the drummer, the married drummer, who made her feel so alive with the thunderous beat of his drum. Me, however, had always been more into lead singer types. Something was so irresistible about a man singing and pouring his emotions into a song, a song that only he will truly and fully understand in the end. So, Mick Jagger always fascinated and enticed me. A Rolling Stones concert was one of the hardest to get into, but we never stopped trying for backstage. Maybe just for the night. You could never trust a rock n'roll man, even if Mick Jagger was on his knees, begging for you to stay.

-

We arrived onto the Sunset Strip, faces blurring in the crowd of hopeful groupies, and new undiscovered talent. I felt myself being pushed into the Bido Lido, a fresh new club. It wasn't where we planned on going, to see Steppenwolf, but through the hypnotic flashing light show I spotted a familiar face waving Haley and I to come join her.

"Olivia! Haley! Over here!" I recognized the voice of one of my closest groupie girlfriends, the enchanting Lulu Love. She swam through the crowd, who were all entranced by the music.

"Lulu oh my gosh! I feel like it's been forever! I haven't seen you since our days chasing the Beatles around the country." I commented, reminiscing old memories.

"You guys wanna get out of here? I hear this far out sound coming from the Whisky across the street." Haley piped up, fire in her big brown angel eyes. Suddenly, I noticed the lead singer of the band playing in front of us was giving me a look.

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up." I told them, wanting to find out more about this lead singer whose songs sounded so mystical.

I stood at the front of the stage, taking in everyone's energy. The lead singer continued to give me the eye, but I wasn't phased by his phony charm as he began to give every girl those special looks. Once again, I heard those familiar voices calling out my name from across the street at the Whisky A Go Go. I shuffled through the crowd and avoided cars while crossing to the other side. Haley and Lulu went back into the Whisky, expecting me to follow, but something stopped me in my tracks. In the dark alley beside the Whisky, I could hear a soft English accent. I was automatically drawn to the mellow voice. Suddenly from the shadows appeared the handsomely slender lead singer of The Rolling Stones. Mick stopped right in front of me, the wind splaying my hair out all over my face. I looked at him as if I were a child, gazing at something I'd never seen before.

"Your hair looks so lovely in the wind like that." he gave me a promising smile. I was quiet, not knowing how to reply to a compliment from the, Mr. Jagger. "What's your name, pretty girl?"

"Olivia, Miss Olivia." I said with sheer innocence. He looked at me, still smiling. No one had noticed Mick Jagger idling by.

"I think I've heard that name before. Miss Olivia, hmm. I think I remember someone from The Burrito Brothers saying something about you. Something about how much they wanted you to come back around and have some more fun, but that was weeks ago." Mick stated, making me recall all my memories with The Flying Burrito Brothers.

"Oh, wow. You must be good with remembering names." I chuckled, and thought about how ignorant I must sound.

"Only the pretty ones." my heart fluttered right out of my chest at that very moment. "Come on." Mick grabbed my hand and led me into the alley. There was a big metal door entitled 'stage door' in bold letters. I followed him in, knowing my girlfriends could make it on their own for a while. My mind was running wild, and my soul was on fire. This was going to be an interesting night.