Chapter Seventeen

It was past midnight, but it felt like midday. Everything was happening in slow motion at that moment. Music was blaring- sweet rock n' roll and Charlie and I were dancing in the middle of the living room. There were flashing lights and it seemed as though we somehow, in our drunken states, managed to turn my house into a small club. All I could remember was that a while after Mick and Keith left, Brian started passing everyone drugs and Haley poured us all drink after drink hoping to rid me of my worry. Not such a great mix if I say so myself. Mick and Keith still hadn't returned, but I was too busy twirling my head off to care. I spun around dizzily and saw colors of such beauty I couldn't fathom. I threw Charlie onto Haley, who had draped herself in long silk piano shawls. Brian yanked my wrist quick and sudden, stopping my spinning and pulling me to the ground. He stumbled down with me, flailing around on top of my body.
"Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to, I'm sorry!" Brian and I laughed as I pulled on his collar, connecting my lips to his. I don't think I'd realized what I had just done, as we were still giggling hysterically. The only person who seemed to notice was Charlie, who was just slightly buzzed. He saw everything, and you could keep no secrets from him. He gave me a puzzled side eye as I lied on the floor rolling around. I jumped to my feet, as I was whisked away into Haley's loving arms. We hugged each other while in hysterics, swaying rapidly from side to side.
"You kissed Brian!" She yelled over the music as her words slurred and her eyelids fell.
"Mhmm." I nodded up and down, a little confused at what she told me. "Wait, I what?" I seemed to have forgotten what happened just moments before.
"You and Brian. Smoochy smooch." My heart began to race, and I could feel my porcelain cheeks tint a dark red. My train of thought was interrupted as Mick barged through the door. The party continued on, and they liked what they saw. Mick grabbed my waist and pulled it to his suddenly as Keith popped a couple of pills into his mouth. My expression showed how taken aback I was by their sudden arrival. We swayed back and forth, his hand pushing against the small of my back. His dominance put me on edge, and I could feel the lust radiating from his body. I didn't think about kissing Brian for the rest of the night, and neither did he.
"You're mine tonight." Mick growled in my ear. "Let's finish what we started." My mind flashbacked to the other night, when we were rudely interrupted by David Crosby. I didn't speak too much after that, as I was paralyzed with my desire for Mick. I pushed my lips against his pillowy ones sloppily, but I was too high to notice. He pushed against mine harder, and my back hit the wall forcefully. I could hear everyone's 'ooohs' and 'ahhhs' as they witnessed the animal in Mick. He led me to Lulu's massive bedroom, where the lamps were draped in scarves making the room appear dreamy. I stood before him by the bed, lifting his airy white shirt over his head. He did the same to me, pausing after removing each article of clothing to kiss me intensely. I turned myself around to face him, laying his warm body against the plush blankets of the bed. His fingers traced circles around my shoulders and upper back while I leaned over his face. He pulled my body closer while I hovered over him, so that our bare chests were touching. Mick grabbed my burning face, gently touching his lips with mine but teasing me as he pulled back every time I attempted to kiss him. My hands clutched a fist full of his shimmering dark hair as we tossed our bodies around on the fluffy duvet. My mind began to cloud, and all memories of the rest of that night became a blur.

-

I awoke the next morning next to a sleeping Mick. The cozy blanket covered one half of his naked body, while the other half was left exposed. My head throbbed, but I was too busy admiring every last detail on his chest to care. Brian suddenly busted through the door, looking surprised at my presence.
"Oh, um, I need to speak with you." He stood in the doorway awkwardly.
"About what?" I replied, squeezing my eyes shut and opening them back up again.
"Stuff." He didn't want to reveal any more information in fear of Mick accidentally hearing.
"Alright, Bri." There was a long pause as he stood still as if glued to the floor. "Well, I've got to get dressed before we go and talk, haven't I?" Brian snapped his head up as I began to laugh.
"Oh, yes, right." He nervously paced down the hallway.
I met him in the living room, wearing my favorite vintage silk robe. He was sat uncomfortably on the couch while everyone was passed out beneath his feet. Everyone somehow always managed to doze off on my living room floor. His blonde mop top flopped around as he looked up to see me. I sat on the little brown sofa next to him, putting one hand on his shoulder.
"You seem so spaced out. What's wrong?" I questioned him, looking concerned.
"Maybe you can tell me. Charlie informed me that you and I- we kissed." Brian muttered sheepishly. I turned away in realization. I'd completely forgotten, but suddenly all memories of the night before flooded my mind making their way back to me. I kissed Brian first on that shaggy carpet, and I knew I would have to pay the price for my foolishness. I guess my head was just too high up in the clouds that night for me to think my actions through first.
"I think it's fair to say that I kissed you actually. I'm sorry, it was just one of those things-" I replied abashedly, feeling awfully stupid and embarrassed.
"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. I shouldn't of even brought drugs with me. I wasn't thinking." I stared at Brian, who appeared guilty although he was as innocent as a child. "I just don't want to upset Mick. I already do that enough." We both glanced towards the ground meekly.
"What do you mean, Brian?" I turned to face him, who was still eyeing the floor.
"You know, I get angry. I'm a hot head. So is he. It just doesn't work out." Our discussion had taken a peculiar turn. "Well, I guess I should be on my way. Don't need to be around when Mick throws a fit, neither do you." Brian picked up that glorious hat of his from the couch and stood up, plopping it right on top of his messy blonde hair.
"Don't feel the need to leave. I'll take the blame, it's my fault." I stood up after him, grabbing his arm. "I want to see you all before you head off into the unknown. Besides, you and I both know that kiss didn't mean anything." I chuckled. Brian glared at me with a more serious look enveloping his pupils.
"Olivia, you and I also know that's not how things work. One of us has to tell Mick, and I think it should be me. I brought the the acid- it's my fault. I'll tell him, just not right at this moment." He spoke softly as I noticed how eccentric he really was. To put it lightly, he looked as though he were an English king dressed wearing a burgundy silk vest with a watch-chain and a very long jacket that nipped at the waist. He waltzed out of my front door in those beautifully made pants, giving me no chance to to say anything else. I winced as he shut the door behind him, asking myself how I managed to mess things up with Keith, and now with Brian.