Chapter Eighteen

Mick came into the living room sleepily scratching his head, appearing slightly confused as to what just happened. I hadn't noticed him standing there, but I turned around when I heard his footsteps.
"Hello, love." Mick kissed my forehead sweetly on his way to the kitchen. "Why'd Brian leave?"
"He, uh, had some errands to run." I lied through my teeth as I stood in the middle of the living room glancing around at Charlie, Haley, Keith and Bill all passed out.
"Hm, what kind of errands?" My head popped up at Mick's question.
"He didn't say."
"Strange." I nodded in agreement with his statement as he rummaged around in my fridge for food. Suddenly my attention was on Keith as he stretched his long arms out and slowly raised himself up.
"Morning sunshine." He said with eyes closed while turning to me and smiling. I ruffled his long black mane while a smirk crept onto my lips. Mick looked unamused, but I'd gotten used to his bitterness towards us even when Keith and I just glanced at each other. I didn't even want to think about how he'd feel after finding out about Brian and I. "Last night man, that was insane. Who knew just a few people could have so much fun?" Keith nearly shrieked in my ear as he wobbled to his feet. His raised tone woke up Charlie from his deep slumber.
"Well, I'm sure the pills you popped last night had a little part in that." I chuckled as I waltzed over behind Mick, kissing his bare shoulder.
"Actually, this time, I think it was all me. The music helped though." Keith came by us, curious as to what food Mick was shoving in his mouth. I could hear Charlie sleepily mumble in the background, while he shook Haley so she'd wake up as well. I turned around and giggled at the sight.
"I'm up." Haley's body was still frozen on the floor. Charlie playfully shook her once more. "I'm up!" She growled a high pitched exclamation. Suddenly, as Haley tried to grab onto Charlie's arm attempting to stand, the telephone rang.
"I've got it." Keith rushed over to the light blue phone that sat nicely on the wall. "Well hello, darling. Olivia will be so happy to hear from you." Keith smirked ever so slightly. I could hear a screaming girl on the other end of the line as I pranced joyously towards him. "Alright, alright. Cool it babe!" He spoke chuckling into the phone. I giggled as he quickly tossed the phone to me.
"I'm not your babe, Richards!" The voice on the line rang in my ear. I instantly recognized it as Lulu's.
"It's Olivia." I smiled through the phone. "Don't worry."
"Oh, sorry." She chortled a bit before adding, "I just can't stand that Keith sometimes."
"Well, can anyone really?" I laughed as Keith nudged my arm playfully while waltzing back into the living room. "How's everything in- well you never really told me where you went."
"Right. It all happened so fast, ya know?" Lu giggled sheepishly to herself. "Rich and I, we kinda, broke things off."
"Was there anything to break off in the first place?" I added, everyone staring at my expression in amusement.
"Oh, that! Right, right, well I failed to mention that."
"Lulu!" I raised my voice, causing her to plea.
"I know! I'm a mess! But, quite honestly it happened so quickly, I just never took it in." She let out a long stifled sigh. "I would've never accepted his proposal, had I actually thought it out."
"He proposed!" I practically yelled. Keith and Mick started cheering in the background like idiots. "No, no! Shhh." I hushed them up with a wave of my hand.
"Yes, but, he found someone he liked better, and just ran off with her." Lulu sounded as though she'd accepted the fact that she wasn't good enough. "His mother insisted that I stay with her as long as I needed to, though. She pities me!" She consumed all the empty space with her laughter.
"Well, it's gonna be alright. Just come back when you're ready. We miss you."
"I don't know Olivia, I kind of like it here in Wisconsin. It's starting to grow on me." I grinned to myself, thinking about how special she really was.

-

Today was the day. The day I dreaded. It was extremely early in the morning, but there we stood, in the middle of God knows where, in front of a huge jet that would be taking the guys to their many destinations. The cold harsh morning wind blew right towards me, and I wrapped myself in my big fur coat tightly as we stood out in the open. Mick tugged on my coat while smirking, and pulling me into him. He was warm, and his heart raced as I put my ear to his chest.
"Don't have too much fun without me." I smiled up at him.
"Never." We both laughed lightly, but our little moment had ended when their manager began pulling Mick away from me.
"Sorry sweetie, but we've got a schedule to keep." Their funny looking manager man commented, causing me to narrow my eyes at him. He didn't bat an eyelash yanking Mick and practically throwing him into the plane. Hug after hug, Brian snuck one in without his manager noticing. Surprisingly enough, there was no awkwardness between Brian and I. We were playful with each other, and it seemed as though everything was back to normal. He embraced me, while his cold breath found its way to my ear, whispering. "Everything is handled, dear." I gave him a confused glare, but he just grinned that toothy smile of his and trotted off. Suddenly, Keith opened the tiny window of the jet, struggling to poke his head through.
I smiled widely and chuckled as their manager angrily shouted, "Back in, Richards!"
"No!" Keith retorted, and I began to laugh even harder. "See you soon Olivia, darling!" I waved a frigid hand back at him in the freezing cold. Already, I could hear the boys shouting inside the plane through the open window. I shook my head, and hopped back into the slick black limousine, sliding on to the leather seat next to Haley. She hadn't gotten out to say her goodbyes, as it was too difficult for her to even look at Charlie in that moment. I wrapped my fur clad arm around her, and told the chauffeur where to go.
"We are going to have a blast while they're gone." I reassured her, as she stared into my soul with those sad eyes. "We can have some girl time. God knows we need it after being around all those boys." We both chuckled, and stared out the window at all of the passing cars.
"That is the truest statement I've ever heard." Haley replied knowingly as my mind still raced with thoughts about what Brian meant when he said that everything was handled.