Chapter Two

Mick was quite the charmer, flooding me with compliments in that flirtatious way of his. We were standing, backstage at the Whiskey, listening to the band onstage play their poppy tune.

"I bet you've had quite the time around here, huh?" Mick questioned, practically a halo over his head.

"You can say that. You can say a lot of things. All I know is that I'm wherever the music's at." I smiled widely.

"You know what, I like you. I've only known you for a couple hours, but I've heard legends of the beautiful Miss Olivia. It is truly an honor." Mick smiled cheesily, as I gave him a playful side eye.

"Well, Mr. Jagger, how long are you gonna keep me around? I've gotta find my girls soon, they must be scared out of their minds looking for me." I tried to maintain cool, calm, and collected.

"I wish you wouldn't leave, but if you must." he sighed and stared at me with dreamy eyes. I could've gazed into them for a lifetime, but it was not the right time. "The boys and I are staying at the Hyatt House just down the Strip. The room number is 412. Come see me." with that, Mick grabbed his big brown coat off of the seat, and strutted out of the backstage door. What a man.

-

In the sea of people at the Whisky, I could've definitely spotted Haley and Lulu. But, that wasn't the case. I couldn't see them anywhere, and rushed through the doors of the club. I hailed the first taxi back to Lulu's place in Laurel Canyon, thinking they'd be there sitting pretty for me. I couldn't wait to tell them about the doll that was Mick Jagger. Everything I imagined and more, but I knew I had to contain myself, never let my feelings shine through too much, and to absolutely not fall in love with him. Rock n' roll men just went around breaking hearts, but I loved them and their art anyway.

I arrived to Lulu's pad, which always made me feel warm and cozy. I sprinted to the door, almost tripping over my long silk slip dress. "I met Mick Jagger! I met HIM!" I screamed my lungs out as I welcomed myself inside. Haley and Lulu came rushing from the bedroom in their little chiffon robes and gave me puzzled looks.

"You- you met the one and only Mick Jagger?" Haley stammered, barely able to get the words out.

"I met the one and only Haley!" I nearly woke the neighbors with my shrieks of pure joy.

"You did not!" Lulu playfully slapped my arm. "Of course, Miss Olivia here would be the first one to meet a Rolling Stone! You absolutely have to tell us the story. Did anything, you know, happen?"

"No, no, it wasn't like that. We just sat backstage and listened to this incredible band play. We had an amazing conversation, and he wants to see me again. I have his hotel room number and everything." I was about to burst with excitement, I could feel my soul being filled to the brim with satisfaction.

"We should see them tomorrow Olivia! We have to, we just have to! I can finally meet my dear Charlie!" Haley basked in the glow of the euphoric moment we were all having.

I gave the girls all the little details of our meeting, and they couldn't believe the words coming from my mouth. There was something in the air that night, a familiar sense of anticipation and longing that I love. We all ended up underneath the stars, allowing ourselves to be cleansed by the cool night breeze. I ended up falling asleep on the hammock with Haley and Lulu still awake, gazing. I knew Mick gave me a tingling thrill I couldn't ignore, and I knew that I would be going back for more. I was going to meet The Rolling Stones tomorrow.