Chapter Twenty Six

"You're more than just a groupie. You've always been more than just a groupie and we all knew, right from the beginning." Brian sat himself on the floor, crossing his legs. Eventually we all found ourselves on that soft shag carpet, lying there and staring at the ceiling. "I remember Mick telling me about you, saying you were the type of girl he'd marry."

"Ah, that's right. He's lost without ya, Liv." Bill added, awakening from his quiet trance.

"Maybe I should just get outta town. You all won't have to deal with me." I tugged at my nightgown, still wiping tears from my eyes.

"You're not leaving. No way." Brian moved himself closer to me, putting an arm around my shoulder. "Besides, you can't do this alone." Right then, we heard the twisting of my front doorknob and Haley strutted in first. Then came Mick and Keith, who were carrying two big brown bags full of food.

"What's going on in here?" Keith questioned, as he put down the brown paper bag. He noticed my blotchy red face, and tear stained cheeks. "What's wrong, Liv?"

"Oh, you know me! Just one big emotional mess." I laughed, while hopping to my feet. I waltzed over to him and flung my arms around his body, trying and failing to act nonchalant.

"What was that for?" Keith chuckled and smiled a toothy grin as I released my tight grip.

"What? I can't show my affection?" I pushed him playfully, but he pulled me back into his warm chest.

"Get a room!" Haley yelled at us, while she wrapped her arms around Charlie's waist. I shook my head at her, then glanced up at Keith whose sweet brown eyes were already on me.

"I think I'm gonna go to my room, I'm not feeling too hot." I smiled softly, before winking at Keith and kissing his cheek. Although we spent a lot of time together, and to others it appeared as though we were in a relationship, I believe we were far from that. And we both knew it. We both knew we were never destined to last, and that he was just there for me temporarily. Even though Keith told me he was happy to fill in, you could hear the melancholy traced in his words. I felt terrible about it, but I couldn't seem to let him go. I was unintentionally messing with his heart and he knew it, but he continued to let it happen. He was a beautiful man and a beautiful distraction. I just didn't realize how much hurt could come from it. How could I be so naive? But I also knew if the baby was his, things would change. Everything would change.

"Get some more sleep." Keith ruffled my blonde hair as I walked back towards the corridor, hiding my feelings of anxiety. I turned my head around one last time, noticing Brian's expectant expression. I knew he was waiting for me to say something to Mick and Keith, or to at least hint at it. I gave him a look as if letting him know I wasn't ready, and swiftly retreated back to my room. After a few minutes of me lying among all of my cloud like pillows and worrying about myself and everyone else, Mick barged right into my dimly lit room, slamming the door behind him. I didn't move a muscle, as I was almost too deep in thought to realize. He stood at the foot of my messy bed, just waiting for me to notice.

"Listen to me Olivia. We need to talk." He stated rather sternly. I quickly sat up, seeing the bottle of whiskey in his hand. He gave me no turn to speak as he added, "Why are you so upset with me? You were the one who ended things, I just don't understand."

"I don't wanna talk about it right now." I turned on my side and held my face in my hand. My stomach began to ache, and Mick was the last person I wanted to speak to in that moment. I didn't want to answer his plethora of questions, especially with everything else that was going on. My mind was spinning so fast and it was as if I had no control over my emotions, so much that I couldn't think straight long enough to give him the answers he probably deserved.