Chapter Eleven

I would be lying if I told you we knew where to look. None of us had the slightest clue as to where we could find Keith. We just hoped that he wasn't dead somewhere in a ditch with a half empty bottle of Jack. That'd be an interesting sight.
"Okay, so I might've left a few details out about Keith." Hanna quickly spoke.
"My God, Hanna! You don't ever fucking stop, do you?" Haley was furious, as was everyone else. We all gave her confused glares.
"Hey, watch your mouth, sister. I don't have to be helping you guys out at all!" She snapped back, her claws beginning to show.
"Cool it, girls. We are on a mission." Mick tried to calm the two distinct characters. "Are you going to tell us, or not?"
"Fine. Keith stopped me in the hall before he left. I could barely make out a word he was saying, but he mentioned stuff about a bar and some good China white." I winced at her words, which made me worry even more.
"Well, then we search the nearby bars." Brian piped up, leading the way. "We need to split up though so I say Hanna with me, Olivia with Mick, Haley with Charlie, and David with Bill. We can't trust Hanna and David alone together." Brian decided, without needing anyone's opinion.
"No thank you sweetie, I'm going with David or not at all." Hanna started to grind her teeth with frustration. Brian began to change his tone, but I stopped him before he could make things worse.
"Cmon, Hanna, don't make things more difficult than they already are." I gave her a look of desperation, pleading with my eyes. "Just go with Brian and get it over with."
"No! Not in a million years could you make me even look at Brian Jones."
"What happened? You two were all over each other a couple weeks ago. Did you run him off too?" Haley squealed into her ear with irritation.
"That's it. I'm done. Come on David, let's split." She grabbed his hand and swung her fur coat over her shoulder, strutting away from us. We all stood in the staircase, wondering what to do next. You could see in my face, my disappointment and sorrow. You could see how guilty I felt just by looking into my bright green orbs. Mick took me into his embrace, seeing my expression. I hugged his waist, and burrowed my head into his shoulder.
"We didn't need them anyway." Brian gazed off. "Let's get to looking in the bars." He was determined to find his friend. By now, we had wasted a lot of our time standing around and arguing. It was time to find Keith Richards.

-

Mick and I leaned against the bar asking around. He disguised himself with a short blonde wig, big round sunglasses, and a floppy black hat. I couldn't help but giggle every time I looked his way.
"You're going to blow my cover, Olivia!" Mick whisper yelled, trying not to laugh himself. That's when I bursted out with giggles. Now was definitely not the time to be laughing, but it helped me to stay positive about this whole thing, and to fight off those negative thoughts.
"I can't help myself, I'm sorry Mick." I chuckled into his chest.
"Who is Mick? My name is Matty." He commented, while grinning widely at me. I forgot he gave himself a whole different persona.
"Oh gosh. We need to get back to business." I tried to calm myself down, and stop my eyes from wandering in Mick's direction. "Excuse me, Sir, have you seen a tallish man with black hair about shoulder length, with a cigarette possibly hanging out of his mouth and a look of death on his face?" I questioned the bartender.
"Did you just describe Keith Richards to me?" the bartender questioned me back, raising one bushy eyebrow.
"Uh, maybe?" Mick grabbed my arm suddenly, and dragged me out of there. It was no use trying to search in all of these bars. We stopped at a pay phone as I dug around my leather tooled purse for some quarters. Turns out, we did need Hanna and David, or at least just a little extra help. I decided to call Lulu, hoping she'd be home and able to assist. Mick and I both squeezed into tiny the telephone booth, chest to chest. He chuckled at the sight of our bodies crammed together.
"Lulu? Yeah, it's Olivia. Are you busy?" I crossed my fingers.
"No I'm not busy at all. Just lounging, really." Lu spoke into the telephone. "Oh, and by the way, Keith called. He asked for you, but you ran off with the guys." I jumped with joy, giving Mick an excited sort of glare.
"Did he say anything else? Please tell me he told you where he was."
"Yes, he said he was going to board the next train out of here. But that was hours ago. It worries me a bit." I cursed under my breath as Mick looked at me with concern in his baby blue eyes. I hung up without another word.
"We've got to get to the train station." I told him, but he didn't budge. "Now, Mick."
We took the next cab out of there and off to the train station we went, feeling hopeless. My stomach ached as well as my head, and I didn't know what to think. All I could do was pray that Keith had a change of heart, and decided to stay.
"Do you think Keith will come between us again?" Mick spoke softly in a quiet tone while the cab bumped up and down. I rubbed his arm with compassion.
"I don't know." I told him the complete truth, as he stared at me sideways.
"What do you mean, you don't know?"
"Mick, he thinks he's in love with me. I can't control his actions." I lowered my voice, trying to avoid an argument. There was a long lulling pause before Mick opened his mouth again.
"You're mine, Olivia. Just mine." He gave me those puppy dog eyes that made me feel fuzzy.
"And you're mine, Mick."