Chapter Thirteen

I was sweating it out with all the colorful people in the audience this time, but on first row. I could hardly stand waiting for them to get on stage, as my knees turned into wobbling jelly. From the corner of my eye, I could spot Mick slowly creeping out, like a slithering snake. He gave me chills strutting out on stage like that, because we could all feel that something big was taking place right before our eyes. The Rolling Stones were making rock n' roll history, and we were watching it all come together in that perfect way things always do. I don't think there was a dry eye in the arena as the band assembled on stage and began to pleasure our ears with their sound. I stared up at Mick while I stood right at the stage. Tears were blurring my vision, as 'Wild Horses' was playing. Everyone was swaying all together in harmony. I shut my sleepy eyes tightly, trying to take in this overwhelming sense of emotion. My life was so beautifully musical in every way, and I always took it for granted. Being in that moment right there, knowing Mick Jagger would go to the ends of the earth for me, made me finally realize how lucky I truly was. Many hours later, the unforgettable concert met its end. There was no way I was going to be able to get backstage, so I just stood in that emptying arena still entranced from the music. My eyes were still closed, even after the fans all disappeared into the outside. Sitting pretty in that huge empty stadium, Mick waltzed back on stage looking rejuvenated.
"Olivia." He called my name in a sing song tone.
"Mickkkk." I sang his name back to him with a smile. He hopped down from the steep stage and came to my side.
"How was the concert, doll? Was it everything you hoped for?" He sensually whispered in my ear, finding a seat next to me.
"Everything and so much more." I replied, my mind still in a haze. He leaned over and grabbed my waist, making a trail of kisses up my neck and to my lips.
"I want to show you something." Mick grabbed my hands and we stood to our feet. I gave him a look as if I didn't need any more surprises, but I gave into the warm fuzzy feeling he left me with anyway. We pranced around backstage for a few minutes with the boys before he'd show me anything. They were all so full of energy and life even after playing a 3 hour show. Keith on the other hand seemed too relaxed. He glanced at me tiredly while he nearly dozed off on a white metal folding chair. I gave him a playful smile, as Mick floated over to the wide array of food on his own little cloud of ecstasy. Keith decided to stand, and staggered over to me while I watched as the rest of the boys passed around drugs.
"You know, it's like you're always trying to save me from something Olivia." He stated bluntly, turning away to face the ground. "Why?"
"I'm only ever saving you from yourself. Because I care about you, and for the sake of this band." I pleaded, hoping he could understand. "Without the Stones, I would be nothing. I don't know who I'd be. You're a big part of that. Of who I am." I lifted his chin so we could see eye to eye. He pursed his lips while the silence ate me alive. "Say something, Keith." My concern grew, and you could see it it my face and as I shifted my weight anxiously.
"You know how I feel about it, and it's a feeling I can't help." He finally answered, but my sense of concern didn't disappear. I knew he wouldn't be able to dismiss his feelings over night, but that didn't stop me from hoping. I guess I'd been a fool thinking that our worries were diminished, well my worries at least.
Mick rushed over to me after he was done stuffing his face full of various cheeses and crackers. I chuckled at him lightly.
"Don't laugh at me!" His tried to speak but his mouth was full of food. He desperately tried not to grin, but I could see the sparkle in his eye that gave him away. I laughed some more, while wiping food from his face with my thumb. "Your chariot awaits, my lady." He pointed me towards the backstage door with a cheesy grin. Before I was even all the way out of the door, I bumped into Haley who was outside with Charlie. Her red lipstick was smudged all the way across her face. I glanced over at Charlie who attempted to look innocent, but gave up when he realized I could see her red lipstick all over his face as well.
"Ooh, what's happened here Charlie?" Mick smiled widely while I held back my giggles.
"Uh, we were- it's nothing." He stuttered.
"So, nothing then?" I looked over at Haley who was shaking her head. I gave them my best smile, as I threw myself into the shiny black limo.
"Oh, tell the boys they've got to find they're own way back home." Mick stopped, realizing the limo was their only way of transportation. "Good luck." He hopped into the vehicle plopping himself right next to me. I took up half the seat, as it was past midnight and I was exhausted from a day of running around.
"You're in for a treat, dear." Mick rubbed his hand up and down my leg, squeezing it gently every so often. I felt joyous at the sight of him. My love was deep, and I didn't bother fighting it anymore. I grabbed his face in my hands, which surprised him a bit. I pressed my lips against his sending shivers down my own spine. We had a nice rhythm going, his plush pillowy lips moving around in ways that shocked me. I mimicked the way his tongue swirled around inside of my mouth, doing the same to him. A little moan escaped his lips and I smirked at the thought. I could feel myself slipping under. I could feel our bodies merging in that limo, not even to our destination yet.
"Wait til we get there." Mick pulled away, caressing my cheek with his thumb. "Let's not spoil anything." He smiled softly, but I could see the fire in his pupils that made me desire him so much more. My hands never left his body, the whole rest of the trip.