CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER ONE

"What's the worst that I can-" I stopped myself when I heard someone clear their throat. Was my sister going to ask me for something else again?

I sighed knowing that she was going to ask me something selfish and inconsiderate. That's all she ever did when she bothered me. Usually, I refused, but my abhorrent Stepdad usually forced me to say comply right after.

Carly rolled her eyes and applied more lipstick to her fully red lips. I wondered why she even had lips. It wasn't like she'd ever get kissed by someone who actually liked her for her personality. She was a brat with a nice body, and she was quite easy too manipulate. She wore more makeup than clown. We had too many differences to be living in the same house.

In fact, all my family had differences. Almost everyone was a different race because my Stepmom couldn't have children, so she adopted a lot, too many actually. I couldn't remember my own siblings names. She somehow managed to get me, and I was officially trapped in this place.

I am African-American. My "step mom" is Indian, and my "step dad" is Hispanic. I hated about everyone in this family, but I had this huge hatred for my step dad.

Anyway, I'm eleven, and I skipped two grades because I did extra work with my private tutor who recently got fired. I'm going to ninth grade at the end of summer, but I'm hoping I can run away or go to a better private school. Knowing more kids my age would be kind of nice.

"What do you want, Carly?" I muttered. She was turning sixteen in one week and because I was only eleven, she thought that she could boss me around. Of course, she could not. Everyone knew that I was the real princess of this house.

"Kaya, make my invitations for me to my party, okay," she commanded as if I was simply going to say yes. Ugh, the bratty princess.

I shook my head and explained, "I have a life to attend to. Make your own invitations because it's your party." I looked back at my laptop whilst reading about the most ancient towns of Akebulan. Too bad those places were probably wasted away by now.

"You mean researching at pointless things that don't matter," she muttered.

"Yep, I want be an explorer, and you want to be a model. Two completely different things," I muttered, my eye twitching. God, she was irritating.

"You have the best art, though! That's not fair, and there's no chance you'll be an explorer since Daddy wants you to take this place over," she whined.

"You know, I might have considered giving you my inheritance if you weren't such a pompous brat. We both know I won't do much with it," I muttered then gestured her to the door.

She didn't realize just how lucky she was, and I don't think she'd ever realize it either. Although I may get all of the stuff our ignorant daddy owns, I did not want it. And at least she was treated like a real human. I was seen as a doll made for everyone's amusement.

I glared at my sister her, and sighed, knowing she wouldn't leave. "Go," I shouted, "Leave! Bye. Flee. Abandon ship! Just get out of my room!"

She began clicking her tongue instead. I tapped my fingers against the the laptop and clenched my teeth.

"Can you not go one second without annoying someone?" I snapped.

She just laughed. "If I annoy you, you just wait for your birthdays. Oh yeah, I'd still be older!"

I sighed, closed my computer and stared at my lap.

"You know, Carly, I never gave you your diary, did I? I know your crush personally. I'm sure he'd enjoy your fantasies..."