CHAPTER 27

Yes, two more days until my birthday.

It's clearly miracle that I'm still clinging to the little sanity I still have left.

I heard my Stepdads pounding footsteps, and I heard a lot of stomps upstairs.

I curled up into a ball and ignored it. I imagined that there was a peppermint in my mouth.

The steps got closer, and I felt someone grab my arms.

"Kaya, you probably want to get up before your arms get pulled off." Jeff's unmistakable raspy voice went into my air.

Okay, for a second, I actually though that people would have to start calling me INSANE. Well, even my mind couldn't mimic Jeff's voice, so I got up.

Well, I instantly fell back down.

I was halfway limping and halfway being held by Jeff.

"Where's my StepDad?" I asked him. "He's tied up upstairs." Jeff answered.

"Can you put me down for a second?"I asked him.

He looked hesitant for a second. "Okay." He said and ran up.

I walked/limped up the stairs and saw my StepDad. Ben was standing right there. "Hey! You look horrible!" He said then grimaced.

I would have thrown a comeback, but I was kind of not trying to focus on actually not falling.

"Ben, get out." I said, and my voice sounded a little scratchy.

He ran out, and it was just me and my StepDad.

"So, you're powerless." I said mockingly walking around him. He scowled.

"Not really." He answered. I bended on one knee and dug my nails into my wrist.

He looked pained. "Well, I can say one thing. This is how I was raised. Let us see how you like it." I said.

I grabbed his hand. "People always underestimate people under thirteen. It's kind if funny. Even a five year old can do this." I said.

I pulled back his index finger and heard a satisfying snap.

"You're very lucky." He said then smiled. "You grew up how I wanted you to be." He said with a little bit of pride.

Yes, I felt a stab in my chest when he said that.

"Then as your little girl. I choose defeat and walk away. I'll leave this place the same..."

I bended on one knee.

"You still haven't learned a freaking thing. In a world full of yes, I will say no to being like you. This is me, and this is what I saw right now. If I ever see you again, you will officially be a dead man walking." I growled.

He glared at me and pure hatred showed in his eyes. "Oh yeah, you can get out of that chair yourself." I said and twirled around.

I walked out trying to not show my limp. My StepDad was gonna probably end up in jail, or he'll have to roam the world alone.

By alone, I mean that he has lost his family, his money, his job, his home, and me.

Welcome to the freaking New Age!