CHAPTER 26

"I think two of you're freaks came to visit." My StepDad said. I ignored him and stayed in my position.

My stomach growled again. I ignored it and just laid there.

I can't wait to die.

"You're still not hungry." My StepDad said, and I could hear him stand up.

He was gonna hit me again.

"I am hungry." I said weakly. "I'll give you food if you show respect." He spat.

"Well, maybe I would have shown you respect if you said it in more of an amiable voice." I choked out.

He grabbed the top of my hair again and pulled me up. I felt more tears go down my face.

"Kaya, I taught you to have more strength than this. Crying is a weakness." He said.

"Crying in not a weakness." I said. "It. Is. A sign of rebirth. A baby cries when it's born. A human cries when it is reborn."

He slapped me with the hand he wasn't using to hold up my hair.

"Why would you care? You tried to kill me at the old house." I choked out.

He dropped me. I felt my head hit the floor, and everything went black.

+++

I woke up screaming. I mean, literally. I was screaming at the top of my lungs.

"What's wrong with you?" My StepDad asked sounding furious.

I stopped screaming and sat there wide eyed then began screaming again.

My StepDad bent on one knee and put his hand over my mouth. I was still screaming.

"Stop screaming!" He shouted.

I was enjoying screaming. It was nice to just... Scream.

When was the last time that I screamed? Like, really? My scream was so high pitched. It was unbelievable to be honest.

Yeah, I'm saying it's unbelievable, and I've been in a house that practically makes people insane. Chrystal is the perfect example. Regular cat turned into a smiling Under Realm creature.

I got color changing eyes before I even entered the Under Realm. I am just... Different.

I finally stopped screaming. I couldn't talk now. I can't believe I screamed that loud.

Two or three days from my birthday. It's almost... Funny.

I am sooooo delusional.