CHAPTER 13

THIS CHAPTER INVOLVES...

LEARNING!!!!!!!!

________________

I slowly woke up then looked at my surroundings. The ceiling went all the way up with roof, and Slenderman would have zero troubling standing in here. The floor was made of an ugly pale messed up wood. I saw a giant vent on the side. It was the inside of an attic. Both of my hands were handcuffed to one of the wooden sticks on the side. I moved my hand little, and the handcuffs had spikes on the inside, and it made bloody cuts all over my risk.

I saw my Dad come up. He bended on one leg. and looked at me. "Hey, Kaya. How do you feel?" He asked. "Like my real parents have no idea what's going on at this very moment in time." I said straight ahead. "Don't ever mention your real parents again." He growled grabbing the front of my shirt. I nodded. He glared. "Yes sir." I said then gritted my teeth. I didn't like treating him with respect, but I would try getting out of here with as many scratches as possible.

He moved my braids out the way. "There's that lovely giant scar. I haven't seen it in a while, Kaya." He said. "Where are your friends?" I asked. He grinned. Oh, they were here to...

Eyeless Jack

I listened to Jeff and Smile argue back and forth with Sally, and she giggled. "You let her go outside! Her wounds weren't even done healing yet!" Jeff yelled. Smile's fur was sticking up, and his puppies/kittens claws were even sharper. He sighed. Ben ran down.

"You guys, where's Kaya at?" he asked.

"Smile, let her out!" Jeff shouted.

"Oh crap. I was suppose to watch her!" Ben panicked and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I told you that if Slenderman wanted her protected, he'd get someone else to watch her," Smile said. "Anyway, I didn't mean to let her out. It's so difficult to say no anyway. You were the one supposed to watch her, anyway, to make sure a thing like this didn't happen."

We all looked at Ben. "Where's Uncle Slendy, anyway?" Sally asked.

"Study?" Ben guessed.

"Yeah, maybe. How about this? Someone distract Slenderman, and everyone else look for Kaya," Jeff said.

"Jacky!" Sally said. "Can you distract Uncle Slendy while we're gone?"

"Why?" I said. "I'd rather not be part of this." It was their fault, not mine. Anyway, I didn't really know Kaya. I didn't understand why they wanted me to help her.

"One, is because Kaya's lost. Two, you're the only one here who can't have their mind read other than Kaya, and she's the one lost," Sally said.

"What do I get for it?" I asked.

"I'll give you an electronic dictionary," Ben suggested, and I grinned from behind my mask.

"Okay," I said.

Smile pulled up a portal, and they ran through. I walked into Slenderman's office and began to pick up his books that were in braille. This one was something about color and their meanings. If Kaya's eyes changed color, it would be cool to see if they had something to do with it.

After I read for awhile, he finally asked me about the others, and I didn't know what to say.

"I don't know," I said while running my fingers across the braille.

"I'll go get them."

"Wait, hold on. I want to share something with you. Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.

Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness. In heraldry, blue is used to symbolize sincerity.

Blue is a masculine color; according to studies, it is highly accepted among males. Dark blue is associated with depth, expertise, and stability; it is a preferred color for corporate America.

And Green is the color of nature. It symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green has strong emotional correspondence with safety. Dark green is also commonly associated with money.

It's the most restful color for the human eye; it can improve vision. Green suggests stability and endurance. Sometimes green denotes lack of experience; for example, a 'greenhorn' is a novice. In heraldry, green indicates growth and hope. Green, as opposed to red, means safety; it is the color of free passage in road traffic.

Also orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, success, encouragement, and stimulation.

To the human eye, orange is a very hot color, so it gives the sensation of heat. Nevertheless, orange is not as aggressive as red. Orange increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity. It is highly accepted among young people. As a citrus color, orange is associated with healthy food and stimulates appetite. Orange is the color of fall and harvest. In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance.

Orange has very high visibility, so you can use it to catch attention and highlight the most important elements of your design.

Red-" Slenderman cut me off.

"This is really interesting Jack, but I have to check on Kaya," he said.

Sally, Jeff, Smile, Chrystal, and Ben ran into the room. I grinned under my mask and leaned against the wall. "Kaya got kidnapped by her Father while Ben was watching her," Jeff said.

"Yeah, and Smile let her out." Ben said.

"While you were watching her," Smile retorted.

Slenderman was quiet, and I slipped out of the room.