CHAPTER 14

Kaya

I've noticed that many people don't understand why I don't feel pain. Anytime I try to explain, they are confused. Maybe, a look into my thought process will allow you to understand.

At a young age, I learned, pain isn't real. It's just a message. A message sent through you brain, so I ignore the messages. it may be harder for most people cause I learned that when I was like three or four years old. I just got hit for over thirty minutes straight by like thirteen people at once. Sounds freaking fun, doesn't it?

My Stepdad stopped rubbing my scar and waved his friends out. He sat down in front of me and said, "I'm sorry about the handcuffs, but you're such a crafty little thing. Anyway, what should I do about you running back to those freaks and escaping my cellar? Hm?"

"Don't hurt me," I murmured, and he scowled.

He slapped me, and I stared at him. "That sounded weak. You've learned enough from my lessons, haven't you? I'm sorry, but pain is the only thing to get a message across. Guess why slaves didn't run away, my dear. They knew that a punishment would come their way," he explained, and I nodded.

"That's logical, but many tried anyway," I said. "And most of them failed..." I stare at my handcuffs. "Do you think of me as a slave, stepfather? Please tell me what I am to you."

He stared at me and stroked my cheek. "You are my princess," he said.

"No, everyone says that," I said and felt tears slide down my face. "What am I to you? Do you think I am a slave? Just a normal daughter? Why do you only hurt me? I've never known. Am I just your plaything, the pet you can just toss around? What am I!"

"You're my treasure, Kaya," he said, and I tilted my head. His treasure, huh? That made it clear that I had no choice in the matter. He had found me, and now, he considered me his. He would never share me, and he would hide me before someone else could get to me.

He walked out, and I heard screaming downstairs. Were the Creepypasta here to save me? Oh, that was interesting. I wasn't ready for them  I heard screaming from downstairs.

I kicked at the wood again. I saw the cracks then it snapped. My Stepdad ran up quickly and saw me. He got out the keys then unlocked the handcuffs. I felt in my pocket for my knives. Of course, they were gone.

He grabbed me by the neck and began dragging me downstairs. What was he doing? If the Creepypasta were here, why didn't he just hide me as usual? He was stubborn, and he was too prideful to hand me over.

When we got downstairs, I saw my real family killing my stepfather's friends.

Sally waved when she saw me then punched the guy next to her. Jeff waved then stabbed two people at once. Ben waved with his osword in the air. Eyeless Jack waved with his hand while cutting open a man's stomach. I saw no one else.

I didn't see other greetings to me. "Sweetheart, I love you. Sorry." My Stepdad whispered in my ear then he pulled out the small knife that he had taken from me. My eyes widened, and he kissed my head.

"I told you that you're my treasure, didn't I, Kaya. No one else's. You belong to me, and I would rather give you up . I'm sorry I can't discipline you more," he said then did a small sad smile.

He then stabbed me between my collar bone and neck.