CHAPTER 8

Three Weeks Later

I took off my concealer and looked into the mirror at the scars on my face. I sighed and to look at the scars on my neck. My Stepdad was honestly going to new measures to discipline me, and there were so many scars on my face. I hadn't made a single scar on my face by myself, and I felt humiliated.

Although that was weeks ago, the event still bothered me. He had hurt me, incapacitated me, and left me helpless in the woods. Everyone knew, and I looked weak. If it wasn't for Smile, I'd be dead.

Why is my Dad alive . . . again?

Was I going through my own personal karma and if so, for what? My best friend died when I was "normal," I was beaten for four years, left in a terrible orphanage, I selfharm, and I can't wear shorts because my Dad cut all over my thighs. This seemed worse than karma. . . Almost bad luck even. . . Well, almost.

I decided to cheer myself up with old orphanage tricks. I picked up my lighter and did a trick I learned a long time ago at the orphanage.

I got some hand sanitizer, out it on my hand, then lit it on fire. I looked at it then threw it at my wall, and it went out. I had a strange interest and fire and doing those tricks always got me more curious. Was there something in the air causing the fire? And, why did the flame go out?

Of course, I knew the answer. Oxygen, simply put. Science was quite easy for me to understand, but I still loved to learn about fire. It was so beautiful and interesting as it dances over Earth causing life and destruction. Slenderman had told me that I need to keep my pyromania in check, or he would no longer allow me to roam freely. I could use oxygen to hide my obsession, but clearly, I was a pyromaniac.

I decided to put on another shirt, then I realized I had no more clean long-sleeved shirts. . . That's quite embarrassing to be completely honest. Then again, I had way more short-sleeved than long sleeved.

I put some more concealer back on and tiptoed out my room. I went down until I found Ben. I found Ben in his room on his computer. I saw a huge weird thing and at the top it said Cleverbot. I don't want to know what that website is. . . And I don't even want to know why Ben's on it.

I knocked on his door even though I was already inside, and he turned back to look at me. "Heyo!" he said with a grin. "What do you want?"

"Why immediately assume that when I come in here that I want something?"

"Because I assumed you're similar to Eyeless since you're always in your room."

"Nice observation. Anyway, do you have a jacket I can borrow?" I asked. He look in blue locker he had and got out a green jacket. I rolled my eyes and took it.

"Green is my favorite color. You can't judge," he said.

I took the jacket and saw that it had a Minecraft creeper hood. "Now I can judge," I muttered remembering my gamer girl days. I put on the jacket on and spun out of his room.

I went back in my room and took off the jacket then the shirt. I put on a short sleeved orange one. I put the Jacket back on then zipped it up.

This jacket fit me pretty well. It was a little bigger than my size, but anything not made by my own personal seamtress was to big, too long, or too short.

I made sure my hair was out of the jacket and that it ran past my neck just so those scars wouldn't show to. I usually didn't care about my scars or bruises, but the ones on my neck were harder to hide. Why did this problem still bother me?

/

I looked through stuff for some necklace of some sort to cover my neck. I had done a lot of self harm lately. I actually started my legs a little while back, so I could cover of my stepdad's marks. When I was out of room on my legs, I began to cut my neck. That was a bad idea. . . Also, it was the sign of my bad addiction.

/

I zipped up my jacket to where it covered my neck. Maybe I could just get a turtle neck or a thick necklace. I'd deal with it later.

I went down and laid on the couch and kept pulling the sleeves down, nervous. I hated being nervous. Definetely when it came to my scars. I hated when Slenderman made me have short little counciling sessions with him. He'd always ask if I was "ashamed" of them. No, I was not. I loved them, but I just didn't like when people decided to stare. Was that was what it meant to be ashamed? I wasn't sure.

You could drinking but not want other people to know you love it. I sighed, and I lied down on the couch and watched Gothika. This would be a long uncomfortable day.

+++

I got my scythe from under my mattress and smiled at the beautiful thing. It was finally night time, and today had honestly been the longest day ever.  I took off Ben's jacket, threw it on my bed, then I wiped the concealer off.

"Slenderman!" I yelled. He appeared in front of me. "I wanna go out," I whined. He sighed. He held my hand, and we teleported to the Over Realm.

"Okay, be back in exactly one hour," he said then gave me a watch. "Here be back at eleven o'clock." He said forgetting about one hour, then teleported away.

I sighed and looked around. I stomped out of the woods and looked around for a house to see. I looked through windows all around the neighborhood looking for signs of trouble and listening for the screams of someone harmed.

I finally saw one house with a drunk man and a boy curled up in a corner getting kicked by him.

I climbed in and closed the window quietly. I went up behind the man and stabbed him the shoulder. He screamed, and I kicked his knee in the wrong direction. The boy seemed to enjoy watching my display. Maybe it was because I was younger than him and killing his own Father that was just hitting him, or he was crazy like me. There was endless amount of possibility, but I wasn't going to take the time to counsel him.

Then, I stared at him for just a couple of seconds realizing I had seen him somewhere before. Where had I seen him? Maybe, it wasn't important.

I looked back at the man. He fell forward, and I kicked him in the stomach. I got tired of him then drew a circle on his stomach my scythe. I hit him in the middle of the blood circle on his fat stomach.

He threw up, and I jumped backwards feeling nauseas. "First victim that's ever done that," I muttered, feeling disgusted by his display. I decided to let the fire do the rest because I wasn't touching him with my clothes or my scythe.

I looked back at the boy. "Kaya Sins, I'm sorry and thank you," he said. I nodded slightly surprised hearing my name by someone other than my new family, and he ran out. I poured oil all over the man then threw my lighter on him. Pouring oil all over the house was pointless since it was so old.

I looked at my watch surprised by how long that took. I only had twenty more minutes left.

I ran into an alley trying to make use of my time and saw a man trying to pull something from a woman. I walked just a little closer, and it became obvious that he wasn't trying to pull something from her. Then, he hit her hard.

This made me stop watching, and I stayed in the shadows slowly walking towards him. Then, I whispered boo. And, I swung my scythe at his leg, and he fell on his back looking quite surprised.

The woman looked up and saw me. I put my lighter on his clothes, and he screamed as he quickly caught on fire. I didn't even use oil... I did a salute to the terrified woman and ran off back the the woods. I then went to our meeting spot, and I swung my geet back and forward.

Slenderman appeared in front of me and said, "Did you have fun? Because with all of that blood on you, I'm pretty sure you did." I looked at myself and noticed all the blood and ashes. Well, I think I was definetely gonna wash my clothes cause this was honestly. . . A blob of mess.

\We teleported back, and I noticed the kitten half dog run past me.

How could one cat have twenty-three dogs half kittens, and they all take a liking to me? Specifically me! Couldn't they like Jeff. . . Even Sally?

Then an apocalypse of meows jumped onto me making me laugh.

And, they all smiled at me.