CHAPTER 12

Prepare yourself for the next few chapters...
__________

I stepped out of my bed, happy to move my limbs and use my legs again. Slenderman had finally said that I was healthy enough to get up. I had been in bed two days getting breakfast, lunch, and dinner in bed.

It still feels uncomfortable to move, but it still beat laying in bed all day. I locked the door then looked through my drawers for a long sleeved shirt. I got a long sleeved white shirt with the word TROUBLE on it. I put on some long jeans.

I put a two small knives in my pockets just in case I needed them later. I walked downstairs and went into the kitchen. I opened the snack closet and got out a bag of plain lay chips and began eating them.

You know that feeling on your lip if you eat to much popcorn or chips. Well, I have that feeling. I bit my lip trying to get over it. I saw Smile. "Hey, boy. Do you think you could take me to the Over Realm?" I asked him.

"I don't think Slenderman would like that..." he said. "Also, you've been healing for a while, and I don't think any good can come out of you going to the Over Realm. You might get killed by one of your own victims."

I didn't know how to answer, so I just said, "So?"

"So, you might die."

I sighed. "I'm only gonna do a couple of kills with two small knives," I said. "It's not a big deal, and I'll be extra careful.

"Fine," he said. "It's so hard to say no to you."

"Where's Chrystal anyway?" I asked him.

"With Sally and the kittens," he said.

"That explain why I haven't seen my little follower lately. I'm gonna name her Prodigy,"I said.

Smile muttered something then the portal came up. "Why Prodigy?" he asked.

"Cause she has the bravery to follow me whenever she can." I said and running backwards.

"Also, Smile... Ugh, about the kitten puppy things. Did you have to, ugh... You know, nevermind," I said, and he laughed. "Well, I was curious because cats are usually pregnant for around 65 days. She was pregnant for two weeks."

"Don't ask questions like that, Kaya," he said and made the portal. I ran through whilst stuffing my mouth full of chips.

"Be careful!" he yelled.

"Who are you? Slenderman?" I yelled back sarcastically and disappeared into the night of this city.

I walked around with my head down and my braid scattered across my face. It began to softly rain. I hadn't been in this part of my city before. I looked around and into a knife shop.

"A little girl in a knife shop. That's not a common sight," he said. I grinned and lifted my head, so he could see my face. "You look familiar... Hm, weren't you on the News. For burning an orphanage and killing some of the richest men on Earth in a burning mansion?" he asked wide eyed.

"Yep," I said a little rasp in the back of my throat. Ugh, it was still sore. Maybe, I shouldn't be out here... How weak! Of course I'd stay out here. I could deal with a little rasp. Jeff deals with his all the time.

"I'm not gonna kill you. I just want these little knives sharpened. Just one knife at a time." I said. I gave him one of my knives.

"You killed all those kids in an orphanage and burned down your orphanage. How are you alive?" he said.

"I killed all those people because they deserved it. Anyway, I've got my ways," I said not really caring that I was talking to someone I didn't know. I was a killer, and I could easily claw him to death.

"What was wrong with the kids in the orphanage, or your own family?" He asked. I sighed and accidentally stuck a knife in the table.

"You're an idiot. You know that of course, but I guess I'll tell you. My stepdad and his friends abused me for over four years. A lot of kids in the orphanage killed people. The adults and the kids in the orphanage knew. They didn't get the police involved though, and the kids kept it a secret," I said.

"Well, why this knife shop?" he asked.

"It's small, cruddy, and it doesn't have an security cameras. Besides, I bet you deal with people on the run all the time," I said. He gave me my knife then I gave him the other.

"Well, how'd you kill those people? You're a small girl, and I wouldn't get scared if I saw you." He asked. I pulled up my sleeves and showed him my scars and words on my arms.

"It's pretty easy to make people nervous with these. Also, people underestimate me at first until I stab them," I said. "Or they think I'm a phantom." He handed me my knife.

"Well, goodbye. Don't get security cameras, and I may come back," I said and walked out. I thought about killing,  but I knew Smile was right. I needed to go home. Even the man acknowledged that I didn't look scary right now with my concealer and long sleeves. I killed people who beat people, and I could be overpowered really easily in this condition. Most of those people were strong, drunk, or high.

I looked around for Smile, and I felt someone's arms around my waste. I screamed out and tried to grab my knife, but the man quickly debilitated me. Somehow, he knew that I had been attacked by the Rake because he had lifted my shirt and shut cut through the huge scabs over my wounds. All that healing I had done was for nothing.

"I heard the whole conversation you had that low life, my dear. I didn't beat you. I disciplined you. The orphanage kids just needed discipline to, and you showed them. Those cold-hearted killers won't find you again."

He held his hand over my nose and mouth. I wanted to struggle, but the fact that his hands were in my wounds terrified me.

I began to see spots as I was smothered, and I fell back into my stepfather's arms.

How... Ironic. I wonder if this is all part of my own karma. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. I'll most likely never know.