CHAPTER 7

Kaya

I felt myself wake up, and I groaned. I looked around and realized I was in my stepdad's old cellar. I immediately began to think this, hoping Jeff or Slenderman or someone would read my mind.

We're coming Kaya, I heard Slenderman say.

"Miss me, Kaya?" my stepdad asked. He smiled showing completely white teeth. He was wearing a clean suit, and he seemed to have perfect hair like this was a formal occasion. I closed my eyes, knowing this would be bad.

"H-How are you alive?" I asked feeling slightly confused.

He laughed at my question. "Kaya," he said then his tone went darker, "didn't you miss me?"

"Y-Yes..." I said, and he held up my hand and struck my cheek.

"Don't lie," he growled.

"N-no, not really," I said, and I watched as he raised his hand and slapped me even harder. At least, it didn't hurt. . . Not physically, anyway.

"What did you say, Kaya?"

I stared at him. . . Glared anyway. I couldn't submit, this was obvious. I had new family now, and he couldn't take me away from them. He would have to kill me before I gave up to him.

"I said," I cleared my throat then finished, "No not at all." He slapped me again, but this time harder. And, I felt myself slowly spiral out of sanity and into something that had always been hidden. It was envy, sadness, irritation, humiliation, and most of all, rage.

"You know you missed me, Kaya. I know you regretted killing me."

"I hate you!" I screamed.

My spine tingled slightly went over my whole body, and I realized that I had been hit hard. The fact that he had pulled me down into our old basement or cellar was something that bothered me a lot. For me, it was a torture chamber, and it held sick pleasure for him.

Of course, I couldn't do anything. I couldn't protect myself or fight because I was hanging from to chains and only the tips of my feet could touch the ground.

He could hurt me as much as he wanted to, and I couldn't do anything about it. He ran his fingers over my cheek. "Kaya, you would be such a wonderful girl if you did as you were told. All you ever do is mess things up and lie, yet you wonder why you get punished... Anyway, I'm going to grab something. Hold on, dear."

My stepdad walked out, but something had fallen out of his pocket. It was just in reach, and I grabbed it the tip of my foot and held it between my feet. I smiled looking at the piece of heaven. Maybe I didn't serve any God, but this was a prayer answered.

What was in my possession was a key.

I threw them up in the air with hills of my feet, and caught them with two fingers. I unlocked one hand, then I unlocked the other. When I landed flat on my hands, I put the keys in my back pocket and felt slightly triumphant.

I walked towards the door and opened it. There was a hallway. What was in this cellar? And what really plagued me was, how big was this place? Maybe that's why the others hadn't found me yet. This place was to big to even be a cellar.

I walked to the edge of a hallway and went into a room, and I saw a colorful window at the very top. I had seen this window from inside my old mansion and wondered what it connected to. My stepfather told me not to mention it.

I jumped, then grabbed the ledge of the window and looked out. I could see Jeff walking away looking irritated, and I felt urgency to get there attention. Then, I stood on a table and began to beat on the window.