CHAPTER 11

"Stop wearing long sleeves if you're gonna faint from heat." Ben said as we walked back to the mansion. He was right, but I wouldn't allow them to see my scars... Definitely him. He treated me so normally. I couldn't have that changed.

"Short sleeves shirts look awful on me," I lied and fanned myself. "Anyway, it's your fault that Sally is lost out here."

"You helped. You got Smile to chase after the fake Crystal doll," he laughed.

"No, you did. I thought it was the real Chrystal. How'd you even make that doll?"

"It was more of a mold on top of a remote controlled car. Anyway, Sally shouldn't have been up chasing the mold." Ben said, and I rolled my eyes.

We were out here because Ben decided to make this fake Chrystal thing, and Sally loves to chase Crystal. No one knew that it wasn't really Crystal.

I didn't know either, so Smile, Crystal, Sally, and I were chasing after the fake Chrystal thing, and it ran out here. Smile realized it wasn't Crystal, and I stopped with Smile. Of course, Sally kept on running.

I heard something rustling, and I turned around, but I didn't see anything. I guessed it was some Under Realm Bird or creature of some sort, so I didn't really think much of it. Then, something jumped on top of me..

"Hey!" I yelled as claws went through my sides, and the it sank its claws even deeper. Ben tried to pulled it off of me, but it was useless because he was to small.

I looked up at the creature on top of me. It's skin was brown or white, but I couldn't tell. Actually, everything in my eyesight was turning red. What was happening to me? I was terrified, but I didn't know why.

"But you can keep trying. Get this off me!" I scream. I struggled and kicked, but it stayed latched into my sides. I bared my claws into it, and just then Ben kicked the things legs, and its claws came out, and it scurried away.

Ben grabbed my arm and helped me up.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Can we just find Sally and leave?" I asked while panting and rubbed my sides continuously. Gosh, there was a lot of blood on my shirt, and I didn't feel so good.

"I think you need to leave now," he warned. I shook my head.

"But Sally-"

"Kaya! Think about yourself for once! You're gonna bleed out like you almost! We need to go!" he yelled cutting me off. The edges of my vision began to turn black, and I felt myself wobble back and forwarth. I fell into Ben's arms, and I stared at him.

He said something, but I didn't hear him. I could feel him running, but I couldn't. I was moved, and the last thing I saw was Ben shouting.

***

I woke up with a jolt. I was laying in bed. I had on a different shirt, and I looked around. Had Ben saved me? Well, I'd never ever live this down.

I gritted my teeth as I tried getting up. "Don't move, you might hurt yourself," I heard someone say. Then, I looked up and realized it was Slenderman, and I nodded obeying his command, and I lied back down.

"Where's Sally?"

As if on cue, Sally ran in. "Are you okay? I heard the Rake attacked you, and you blacked out. Please-"

I cut her off. "I'm okay, Sally," I struggled to whisper, and I realized how terrible my voice sounded. It just clawed me in the sides. Was I that weak from that?

"Where'd you get clawed?" she asked. "Legs? Arms? Stomach?" She almost pulled up my shirt, but Slenderman stopped her.

"Just in the stomach on the side," I muttered still struggling to talk.

She hugged me, and said, "I hope you're okay." I forced a smile as a thank you because I didn't want to talk or at least waist any more strength anymore. She smiled and quickly ran out.

"If I hadn't been here, she would've have pulled up your shirt and your self harm would become apparent. They're going to find out about your cutting problem soon," Slenderman said. I just rolled my eyes.

"Slenderman, the keyword is soon, and don't claim that on me. Anyway, you, Smile, Jeff, and I know. Promise not to tell anyone else. Please promise," I said and resisted the urge to choke myself. I needed to stop talking before I lost my voice completely.

He held my hand. "I promise," he said, and I weakly raised up my arms to hug him. Then, I collapsed onto the bed because I couldn't move anymore. I just needed more rest right now. He seemed to know that I needed more rest.

"I'll let you rest in a little bit, Kaya, but you have to promise me something to," he said.

"What?" I asked.

"Don't hurt yourself so much that you can't undo the pain. We all love you. I don't want them to have to bury you in a grave already. I think of you as a... A daughter, and I want you to stay for as long as you can. Although you don't believe your addiction is harming anyone else, that will be the result," he said making me get a really warm feeling inside. I never had someone who cared about me that much.

Actually, I never really had someone to call a "dad." I'd forever call him Slenderman though because it grew on me. Besides, it was word just like Father to me.

So I promised him. Little did I know, I'd keep this promise forever even when it came to its end.

Because, little did we know, it would soon end in a way neither of us expected.