CHAPTER 25

Jeff's POV

The worst scenario ever: Resisting the Urge To Kill People With Sally to look for Kaya.

This eight-year old has a freaking motor-mouth. Does she ever shut up?

"I mean. Why would Kaya's Dad adopt her if he'd just hit her?" She said.

"Sally, he's not Kaya's Dad so stop calling him her Dad." I snapped. She sighed.

"Yeah, I guess I need to stop calling him that. I'm just fearful for Kaya. Jeff, I saw how hard he hit her. Sometimes everyone forgets how low he can sink." She said.

"Sally, I know." I said. To be honest, I did feel sorry for Kaya. Her life went up and down. It went down very often.

Kaya's POV

I must have a gene to resist everything and anything I don't like.

The average human would be wasted. I on the other hand was 75% sober and 25% I-Am-Going-To-Vomit.

I still had my mindset, but everything was blurry. "How do you feel Kaya?" My Stepdad asked.

I opened my mouth and slurred. "Like I will kill you."

I could practically feel his scowl. I couldn't see it. Everything was freaking blurry!

My lungs were still on fire, and my tongue was stinging.

One thing still bothered me. My resisting to pain was becoming less and less. I was starting to feel when I was hungry or when something stung.

I wonder it I'd feel pain anytime soon.

I curled up in a ball. "What's wrong, Kaya?" My Stepdad said. "My lungs burn." I slurred sounding wasted l

He kicked me on the shoulder. "That's all!" He shouted and kicked me again.

I whimpered softly.

Please oh please stop.

"Stop!" I yelled sounding like a dying goat. Yes, I really thought that.

I feel like such an idiot.