Prologue

Death Note does not belong to me (anime version and movie versions). Also the characters do not belong to me as well. I only own Rose Hart, David Hart, and Arashi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the busy city such as New York, many crimes happened and more cases were given out to solve. In New York was one of the best detectives in the United States. That detective was me. Rosalita Hart. But I prefer Rose. I'm a fully blooded american. I was born in California and for a long time my family and I have lived in a peaceful house in a peaceful land. Mountains and wooded areas, and rivers were nearby and I would always go to those places to play or relax when I was a child. But when I was 13 years old we moved to the big city known as New York.

Ever since I was little I was a shy person. I guess shyness runs in the family. I only had a few friends who were really nice. But once we all went to high school we all separated. My friends never talked to me anymore and thought I was... kinda weird. That's when I was the sort of the goth/emo type. But one of my friends was one of those goth types and a nice person. She was my friend ever since 5th grade and through high school and college.

When I was 15, my parents died in a car crash. It was hard for me, and my older brother and sister. And that was not the only thing bad that happened. When I was 17 my older sister died of cancer. Now it was just me and my older brother, David. Ever since I was 16 I turned into a bookworm just like my sister. I was into mystery, horror, fantasy type books unlike my sister who loved romance.

When I was 18 I only stayed in college for a while then dropped out. I learned to be a detective and I was still 18 almost 19. I solved every case that was given to me and put the prisoners behind bars. But I had a secret that no one else knew.

I was driving my car to the police station on an early evening. The police finally caught the criminal that I figured out was the culprit. The bad news was the case I was working on was about my best friend, Allison. The same Allison that never left my side. She was kidnapped by the guy the police had now. And I was going to get answers out of him.

I walked in the police station with a short sleeved midnight blue shirt, dark jeans, black and white converse shoes, and my long dark red hair with bangs covering my forehead and went the right of my face. I also had both ears peierced twice in the earlobe and had a name tag necklace giving my name, detective number, and saying that I was a detective.

I walked into the booth where the criminal was and went in the room where there was a table, a few chairs, a policeman at the door guarding it, and right in the chair was the bastard himself. I sat on the chair facing him and he looked at me in an inappropriate way. "So.... do you know why your here?" I asked in a cold way. He faked saying "No I don't know why" "I investigated this case and your the one who kidnapped Allison am I right?" I was giving him glares. "I have no idea what your talking about" he said as he smirked. "Don't play dumb with me Mr. Johnson" I said to him snappily. "I know it was you so don't even bother lying. You weren't smart enough to dispose all the evidence and we know it belongs to you."

The criminal had a face on that read 'I'm caught'. "Where is she?" The criminal looked at me. "WHERE IS SHE?" I asked more like demanded. He smirked at me thinking I was pitiful. He then chuckled. Man did I want to beat him up. I wasn't allowed to lay a finger on him. "She was something alright" he commented. "What?" I asked confused. "She was great but I wonder how you would feel?" He smirked as he chuckled. I had a feeling what he was trying to let me know. I had no doubt that this man raped Allison. And now he was wondering what it would be like to rape me. Disgusting.

He continued chuckling. And I knew he wasn't going to spill it. I got up and muttered angerly to the policeman, "Get him out of my sight." As the criminal was being taken away I angerly left the room wanting to go back home. I may have liked mysteries and cases but if my friend or brother was involved in one them, then it was so fun.

It had started raining when I drove home. It was silent even when I entered my house which I shared with David. It was only 9 pm and he was asleep when I came home. I went to my room and sat in my chair at my desk. I let out a frustrated sigh as I held my head with both my hands, fingers tightly grabbing my hair. It was silent except the falling heavy ran hitting against my window. "I take it, it didn't go so well?" I turned to the owner of the voice and saw the oddly creature.

The creature looked like a wolf and a mix of another animal. This strange black, purple, and white creature also had bat-like wings. He explained to me what he was and I couldn't beleive it. I was mixed with a fantasy. "Hey Rose? You in there?" He asked. I shook my head. "No it didn't go so well, Arashi." As I laid my head on my arms on the desk. As Arashi laid on my bed he looked at me. "Allison is still missing. She's still out there..... somewhere." I sad sadly. I didn't want to loose anymore people I loved. I lost already too many. "Well keep trying. You'll find her soon." Arashi said trying to cheer me up. "I already have a strong suspicion that she was raped...." I didn't continue my sentence and Arashi had a hint of worry.

My cell phone vibrated on the nightstand next to my bed. Arashi's ears perked up and he raised his head to look at the phone. I looked at it too. Who would call me this late? I stood up and picked up the phone to see who it was. It said it was PRIVATE. I answered anyway. "Hello?" "Yes is this detective Hart?" The person asked. "Yes that's me." "There's a number that called us and the person wants to speak to you." "Who is it? Or where are they from?" "We don't know who they are but there from Japan." Japan? Why would someone from Japan call me? "Ok send the call to me." I said the police officer. There was a shuffling sound and the silence. A computerized voice spoke through the phone.

"Greetings miss. I have called you for a serious business." "Serious business? Who are you?" I asked. "A special case. I have heard so much interesting things about you. Your into mysteries and solving cases. My congratulations on your success." "That doesn't explain to me who you are." I stated. "You wouldn't beleive me if I told you but my name is L...."

L? THE L?

"I don't beleive you." I said. "Oh? And why is that?" the computerized voice said. "If your L like you said you are then why in the world would you tell me that you were L?" "You have a point. I was testing you." "What? To see if I was Kira?" There was a pause. He must of been a little surprised. "So you do know about Kira" the computerized voice said. "What else do you know about him?" "Look all I know is that he's someone mysteriously killing criminals in Japan." "Impressive." "Now why are you calling me?" I asked. "I have called you because I would hope that you would be interested in joining the Kira case." "Listen... L... I'm already working on a case and its.... personal..." I said sadly. "I'm sorry to hear that but I really advise you to take this case" "Why? Why not ask the other great detectives in the U.S.?" I asked curiously. "Because they all turned the case down. This case was too much for them. You are the last detective I am asking. So will you take the case or not?"

What am I going to say? I was still working on my friend's case but the guy won't give me any information. As long as he was in jail he wasn't going anywhere. If I took this case I could wait for news if they found Allison. But taking this case will risk my life......

"Alright I'll do it" I said. "Excellent! Now I will set up a plane ticket for you. You leave this Friday at 4 pm and I will need your name." I paused thinking. I didn't trust this guy. He could be Kira himself. I wanted to be safe, who knows who Kira might kill. "Scarlett Johnson" I said. This name should be safe. Johnson was one of the popular last names. "Alright. Your ticket will arrive in a few days and I thank you for joining this case. I'll see you soon." There was a click as the person hung up. I closed my cell phone shut as I sat on my bed unpacking my bag.

"Well it seems were going on a trip. Sounds exciting" Arashi said. I ignored him as I unpacked and a notebook fell onto the floor. "Rose are you taking it with you?" Arashi asked. I picked the notebook up and stared at it. "Yeah. This might help me with the Kira case."

The notebook that Rose held in her hand was black and had white words on it. She owned.... a DeathNote.....