| Three || Class-A Douchebag |

One step through the door and we were bombarded with the booming music and the body heat that consumed the Galbraith house

One step through the door and we were bombarded with the booming music and the body heat that consumed the Galbraith house. Drake's "Controlla" rang through the house.

        "Yessss!" Mi Yun snapped her fingers as she moved along to the beat of the music while Sadaf and I slowly took everything in.

Most people moved in pairs inside of the dimly-lit living room and the unappealing smell of sweat and bodies filled my nostrils. I wrinkled my nose.

"My mom would kill me if she knew I was here," Sadaf said while I nodded in agreement.

Daddy would kill me, too.

        We all told our parents we were going bowling for a girl's night out. Daddy and Sadaf's parents weren't too fond of the idea of three girls going out late at night, but they budged last minute. However, instead of chitchatting, bowling and eating overpriced food, we were at Oliver Galbraith's "shindig," as he liked to call it.

"Come on, girls." Mi Yun reached for our arms, and she spun us around and continued to move to the music. "Don't be so stiff." She shook out her limbs to emphasis her point. "It's a party. We're supposed to be having fun. Sadaf, if your mom is going to kill you, might as well make your last night alive worth it."

"You know what?" Sadaf titled her head to the side with a thoughtful look. "You're right, Mimi. Screw it." She moved over to Mi Yun and the two girls started dancing along to the music while I stood back. The music shifted to Rihanna's "Needed Me," and Sadaf squealed. "Ooh, this is my song!"

        I crossed my arms. "I honestly don't know why we're here. I don't know Oliver like that."

Crashing this party was all Mi Yun's idea.

        "Me neither," Mi Yun said. "I bet half these people don't, to be honest."

        I couldn't argue with that. Most of the people who showed up only did so because Brice invited them. He made some flyers and handed them out at school and word went around.

He didn't invite me, even though I was only there because he was.

I doubted I would talk to him though.

A girl could wish, right?

        I moved closer to my girls. "He and I have U.S. History together," Sadaf said. "He seems pretty cool."

I dismissed her statement with a wave of my hand. "There's only one guy from Brice's crew I'm interested in, and it isn't that curly-headed boy."

Mi Yun rolled her eyes.

"Can we get some drinks?" Sadaf fanned herself. "I'm burning up, and we haven't been here for ten minutes."