| Thirty-One || Heartbreaks and Dumbasses |

Brice ran his hands along my back as my lips moved with his

Brice ran his hands along my back as my lips moved with his. He moved his free hand to my neck as he tilted his head to the other side, and my lips followed him, following his lead. He massaged the hairs on the back of my neck while his other hand crept down to my bottom. He didn't squeeze it, only resting his hand there while he distracted me with his lips.

When we parted, I opened my mouth, but his lips were back on mine. This time, he urged me back as he moved on top of me, and I pulled him back to me, continuing where we left off.

I couldn't believe Brice Abrams and I were making out on my bed while Daddy was away with Janice. This was one of the many perks of having a father who was dating. He wasn't home as much. If I knew I would have been in this situation a year ago, I would have been in disbelief.

We'd been making out for minutes now, maybe even half an hour, but I couldn't get enough of him. Brice and Jax kissed so differently. Brice was more aggressive while Jax's lips seemed to pull you in for more. Brice was dominant, but Jax was alluring. I didn't know which one I wanted more.

I pushed those thoughts out of my head and parted my lips for Brice. As our tongues brushed together, I had to stop myself from continuing to think about Jax. Brice's slick tongue moved against mine as he grabbed one of my arms and placed them above my head while my free one wrapped around his neck. Brice's other hand moved to the hem of my shirt. I was about to pull away but he only pulled me back in, distracting me with his lips and tongue while his hand slipped into my shirt. They traveled up my abdomen before stopping at my bra. Before he could grasp my shielded breast, I pushed him back with my free hand, and I freed myself from his hold.

The two of us sat up, staring at each other with our breaths coming out in soft pants. Brice frowned. "What's wrong?"

I had an urge to curl into myself, but I held my shoulders back with a leveled voice as I said, "We're moving too fast."

Brice chuckled. "It's only petting. How's that fast?"

I frowned. "It's fast to me. I'm not you, who've had sex with multiple girls."

"Who says I have?" he asked, and I sent him a look. "Okay, I have. But you're my girl now." He pulled me to straddle him as we held eye contact. "That's all that matters." His eyes flickered down to my lips, and he closed the space between us. Before it could deepen, I pulled away, and he frowned. "What now?"

"I don't think you get it." I wrapped both arms around his neck. "I'm inexperienced, in a lot of ways. What's natural to you is fast to me. I will not give in, and I'll only have sex with you when I'm ready."

He grinned. "So, you will have sex with me?"

I rolled my eyes as I got off of his lap. We sat on the bed, turned to each other. "I know we're boyfriend and girlfriend," I said, "but that also includes getting to know each other. Brice, Jax smoked you with those questions."