| Five || Number Exchanges |

"It's going to be so hot today

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"It's going to be so hot today. I'm going to die," Sadaf whined with a pout as the three of us stood in our little corner in the band room.

        As if every practice wasn't hot.

        She was covered from head to toe, and she had on her black Capsters head wrap that she wore for all our marching band events.

        This girl always complained about heat.

        "At least you'll be the hottest girl in the band," Mi Yun said while running her fingers through her hair.

        "True." Sadaf rubbed her lips together to smear her pink lipgloss.

        "You really should start holding your hair up." I motioned to Mi Yun. "Is this worth having to wash your hair after every practice?"

        "Yup." She continued brushing her fingers through her hair.

        Mi Yun never held her hair up for practice because according to her, she looked "funny" with a ponytail. She also thought she looked bad enough in practice clothes, so she didn't want to make it worse with bad hair.

        "I need to go to the bathroom." Mi Yun bypassed us to approach the door. "I need to fix this mess." She pointed at her hair before stepping out, and I turned back to Sadaf.

        "Now, I can talk about Brice," I beamed, and she sighed.

        Ever since the party, Mi Yun hadn't been too fond of me talking about Brice, even though I allowed her to talk about Sabrina all she wanted.

        "What is there to talk about?" Sadaf asked. "He still doesn't talk to you."

        After the party and after we were officially introduced, I thought things were going to be friendlier between us, but we were back to square one. Me sitting in the back of our psych class and the two of us exchanging zero words. It was disappointing, but I wasn't giving up just yet.

        "Come on, Es." Sadaf rubbed my arm. "Don't let it get you down. He isn't all that." I sent her a look. "Okay, he's fine as hell. But what else is there to Brice Abrams? His personality doesn't seem all that great."

        "There has to be more to him," I said. "There's no way he's just some high school douchebag. He's a person, and I'm going to find the real Brice Abrams."

        "Good luck with that," she said. "Out of their whole group, I'll be afraid to approach Brice. He's the most popular, and he seems like the jerkiest."

        I scrunched up my face. "I'll be afraid to approach Oliver."

        She shook her head. "We sit next to each other in U.S. History. He's a pretty cool guy. Easy to talk. Doesn't let anything get to him. Approachable, too."