| Thirty-Five || Jealousy and Uncharted Territory |

"Have you seen or heard from Sadaf lately?" Mi Yun asked me before my psychology class

"No, I haven't," I answered. "I thought you have."

Mi Yun shook her head. "I've texted her a couple times, but she hasn't responded."

Sadaf hadn't been to school for the past two days. It was weird for her to miss school, and it was even weirder for her to not answer our calls or reply to our texts.

"I hope she's okay," I said. "I'm going to try calling her tonight."

"Me, too," Mi Yun said with a nod.

"Estella." I glanced back to see Brice approaching me. I grinned. "Hey." He pulled me into a side hug, and I held him with my head resting on his chest. "Hey, Mi Yun."

"Hey."

Mi Yun was slowly warming up to Brice, and I appreciated that. Brice wasn't a jerk. He was misunderstood.

Brice looked down at me. "I'm here to walk you to psych."

I held him tighter. "That's sweet."

"I'll see you later, Estella," Mi Yun said. "I have to head to class, too."

"Bye, Mimi," I replied.

She left with a wave, and Brice and I pulled away. His hand found mine, and we walked to class.

"Is Velasco okay?" Brice asked. "I tried talking to him, but he didn't say much. It seemed pretty serious when you were talking to him."

"Just some family stuff."

Brice frowned. "Classic Velasco. Keeping secrets."

"It's not so much a secret," I said as we walked into class. Brice and I found our seats, and I turned my body to face him. "Jax has a lot going on right now."

Brice shook his head in disappointment. "I share something so personal with him, and he can't even talk to us about his family issues." Then Brice watched me. "Why you? Why are you the person he always goes to?"

I smirked. "Are you jealous?"

"You and Velasco are really close," Brice said.

"Again, are you jealous?" I asked once more.

He shrugged. "Just curious, that's all."

Before I could speak, Mr. Clines clapped his hands. "Okay, guys. I have an announcement to make. You have a project coming up." Some people groaned softly. "It's quite simple. I want you to do a presentation on a mental illness someone you know has." My attention moved to Brice, but he continued to stare ahead. "It can be anything. If you don't have anyone, which I highly doubt, you can just choose a mental disorder of your liking. You have some time to think of a mental disorder and to get your presentation ready. Once you come to a decision, you just have to pass it by me. More than one person can do the same disorder because everyone experiences mental illness differently."