Chapter Seventeen: Ice Skating

"Thanks, Mrs Jenson," I say to Carla's mum.

She chuckles, "I've told you a million times, call me Harriet."

"Will do, Mrs Jenson," I say, while making my way to Carla's room with my glass of water.

"Ah, there you are!" Carla says, "I don't what to choose, the purple for my eyes or the blue."

"I don't know, whatever matches your outfit," I say, plopping onto her bed.

She turns around so I can see her outfit. She has a red long sleeved shirt with black scarf. Her pants are just a blue jeans.

"Blue," I decided for her. She nods her head and continues to work on her face.

I'm just wearing a simple fluffy creamy-white jacket and blue jeans. It turned into winter a couple of days ago, and I'm not feeling a thing. But of course I dress up like I'm cold. It's a bit hot in these clothes, but I'm surviving. I could probably somehow put a cold layer on my body somehow...

Now your probably wondering why I'm all dressed up. Jordan invited me to the ice skating rink as thanks for tutoring him. Our tutoring days are all most over. I asked him if I could invite some people with me and he said yes. When I told him I wanted to bring four people including myself, he added that he was bringing Shane and Connor too. Jordan didn't seem bothered with the price. There would be seven people coming.

I touched my fishtail braid. Carla and her mom were experts when it came to hair. They could do wonders.

I waited for Carla to finish her hair then we walked out to the car where Carla's mother waited for us. The car ride was silent as we waited. When we got out, the other two people I invited were there already. Which was Charlie and Brian. Carla made me bring Brian. There was someone else next to Charlie I didn't recognise.

"Lau!" Charlie squealed. "This is my friend-" he said, motioning to the guy next to him "-Dean."

Dean is a tall guy with curly dark brown hair. He wore a simple green jacket and blue jeans. I would tell you his eye colour but it would be pretty creepy if I tried to too. I would have to get on my tippy toes and go a little to close to him for comfort . . . anyway, moving on!

"I'll let you know Charlie, my name is Legend Laura and that's final," I say, then say to Dean,"hi! Its Legend Laura, or if you rather LL."

"Doesn't that stand for Loser Laura?" someone says behind me. I spin around. Jordan. He die!

"Take it back!" I hiss, lunging for him with my claws. Charlie held me back. I manage to make one scratch.

He ignores what I said and probably is regretting he said that. If he's not regretting it, I will make sure he will later.

"Who's up for ice skating?" Shane asks weakly.

That's when I realised Shane and Connor watched me go mental on Jordan. So much for second impressions. My cheeks go red.

We all start walking into the rink, Shane stays back to pay for the seven- no, eight of us now. I put on my ice stakes and awkwardly walk to the rink. I almost fall but someone grabs me. I look and see Connor.

I smile weakly, "thanks."

"Your welcome," he says like a true gentlemen.