Chapter Twenty-Three: The One And Only...

I bump into something or someone. I'm hoping like hell it isn't another freaking werewolf. I've had enough for one night. I have school tomorrow.

I look up to see the one and only . . .

Balto!

"Balto!" I say and almost scream it, "where have you been moi friend?"

He looks surprised, "nameless? How did you get down here? Your not supposed to be here!"

I frown, that's if wolves can frown. "Nameless? Oh right. I have chosen Winter as the wolf name. I got down here by teleporting or falling in hole while I was looking for you. And I'm not?"

"Yes. Come on, we have to get out," he says. He turns and runs in a direction I didn't think would be there.

It follow him wearily, looking out for werewolves. We start running. We run for twenty minutes. Somehow we managed to get outside, but in a different place from where I came in.

"I should probably show you the resistance," he says but I shake my head.

"I can't, it's about five o'clock. Charlie will be mad if I come to my house any later," I say. Balto flinches when I say 'Charlie'.

"Sure...when can I take you there?" He asks.

I don't want to say this just in case he doesn't come back, but I don't want to deal with Charlie and the rest. "On the weekend. Saturday evening," I say with confidence but I add with my eyes narrowed,"be there."

Balto better be there.

"Oh sorry, I was busy," he apologises and I don't bother to ask what kind of busy. I'm not in the mood. All I'm wondering is if I will get back home in time. It's takes an hour to get back home, maybe forty-five minutes if I put my mind to it.

"I better get going," I say and I am about to run off but Balto stops me.

"Hey Winter," he says and I look at him. "Did you learn anything down there?"

I nod. "Werewolves are Australian. And werewolf colony is in Australia. Oh and all werewolves have their werewolf identity imprinted on their skin." I say and run off, hoping like hell I will get back home it time.

---

And will she make it...?   Find out soon!

Balto's back! Happy? Yay or nay? I guess you really don't know that character much...

The next chapter will be longer, I promise. I guess I just needed a break...heh...

Besides that, do you like my...what do you call it? Fan art? But that's kind of messed up, you know, being a fan of your own book...I guess it not really...I don't know, you tell me. Anyway, I will probably do more of those since I enjoy it.

Asterix.