Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Transformation

I had thirty minutes to get out of this elevator or I will be forced to show Shayden my true self.

Tight schedule there, Laura.

No kidding! Now go away.

That's no way to talk to your conscious.

Conscious? Really?

I look at Shayden, who has gone quiet. He wears a worried expression on his face whilst sitting on the floor.

Meanwhile, I start looking for a way out, but after twenty minutes I give up.

Ten minutes left.

I thought I told you to go away!

I don't go away.

I give up and sit next to Shayden, who has his head in his hands.

What is he so worried about?

Don't ask me.

I don't question him, I already feel stressed out enough. I put my head on his shoulder.

Five minutes.

I get up and start pacing. Oh the suspense!

Three minutes...

"Are you ok?" Shayden asks.

"More like are you ok?" I turn the question on him.

He avoids the question and repeats his question.

No way of getting out of this one.

"I guess I'm just worried about something happening to my grandfather and I won't be able to get there," I lie. Ok, it was half of the truth. He just nods.

Two minutes, Laura.

Usually when I'm nervous I start singing lyrics to a song really fast. At that moment I had 'She Wolf' by Shakira in my head.

"A domesticated girl that's all you ask of me.
Darling it is no joke this is lycanthropy.       
Moons awake now with eyes wide open."

No kidding it's almost awake! My eyes are open! Open!

"My body is craving so feed the hungry.
I have been devoting myself to you, Monday to Monday and Friday to Friday."

Something something something.

"There's a she wolf in your closet.
Open up and set her free.
There's a she wolf in your closet
Open up so it can breathe."

"Sit in a bar staring right at her prey
It's going well so far, she's going go get her way.
Nocturnal creatures are not so prudent.
The moons my teacher, and I'm her student."

Blah blah blah. I don't remember much else.

Twenty seconds.

Twenty seconds. Not long now.

Ten.

Ten seconds?! It's going to happen any second now.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

"Moons awake now with eyes wide open."

That force on the last full moon where I was pulled to the rock where I transformed was back again. I wasn't sure where it wanted to take me, but it didn't care that it was slamming me onto the side of the elevator.

The force bashed my body up against the side of the elevator. And again. And again. It eventually gave up and it tried to make me transform right there. I could tell it wasn't going to be a nice transformation. This will probably be the most terrifying and ugly transformation so far.

I could hear my bones cracking and moving as I transform. That sickening crack . . .

It takes about ten minutes to finish the transformation. I'll never recover from that.

I turn to Shayden. But he's not there. All I see is another wolf like me.

---

And here is the sixth chapter...sorry it took a while, I wanted to check the meaning of She Wolf. The meaning didn't really fit, but a couple of lyrics did.

BAM! And I'm so happy I have got that scene out of my system. If that makes sense. Anyone else get those sort of problems?

Anyway, do you like it?

You better. Lol. You don't have too.

I played so many different songs through that chapter. I was playing She Wolf at the time I was writing that part, you know what part.

Don't expect many chapters for a while after this one... Ok, you can, I enjoy writing this story and I'm on a cliffhanger. Can't leave it till it's not there!

Asterix! (What? I'm happy! Exclamation marks for everyone!)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!