04; No Luck

DOUBLE UPLOAD JUST FOR ALL THE AMAZING PEOPLE THAT HAVE VOTED, FOLLOWED, COMMENTED OR ADDED MY STORY TO THEIR READING LIST!

DEDICATIONS IN AUTHOR'S NOTE! :D

Thank you for 100 views as well! It's weird to think that so many people are reading this book. It's incredible aha.

I started to make my way to the Alpha's office ignoring the pain that I still felt from the rejection. I had started to get used it the numbling, painful feeling and now it was subtle but there - a little reminder of my downfall.

The pack house was empty as I'd thought. Most of the children were off at school or at the daycare whilst the parents were working either within the pack or outside the pack. If you worked inside the pack, you automatically got a room within the pack house but if you did not then you had to pay for your own homes and only live within in the pack house if there was an emergancy.

It was very exclusive to live in the pack house and most lived on the first floor working their ways up to the third floor - each better than the last. On the fourth floor was for orphans in which a pack nanny lived too. Lastly the fifth floor was for the third-in-command, the sixth was for the Beta and the seventh was for the Alpha which joined up with the loft conversion. Overall, spaces were limited in the house.

I carefully made my way through the hallway and towards the stairs. I would have to walk to the fifth floor which was both where the offices were and where the third-in-command lived. Once I had made the journey up the stairs, I stumbled up to his office door.

Listening slightly to make sure he was not in a meeting, I brought my fist up to knock on the door. Soon the light sounds rang through the air along with a response of "come in". I polietly entered and stood waiting for permission to sit down.

"You may sit." He spoke tiredlessly. I did as so and placed my clamming hands together trying to lose some nerves. "I was actually trying to find you recently. You haven't been around lately." His eyes narrows, I unconsiously gulp.

"I'm sorry Alpha. I have been in my house that's all." I replied polietly.

"Yes, I assumed so." His voice trailing slightly. "Is this a similar request like your brothers?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"N-no! Not at all Alpha." I bowed my head. "I have been requested by my brother to join him at the Golden Moon pack for a family weekend if that is okay." I spoke unsure of the response.

"Ah!" The Alpha suddenly spoke. "Yes, family week. Ours is soon as well." He spoke moreso to himself than I. "Very well, who am I to get in the way of family?"

"Thank you so much Alpha! I'll be back Sunday night!" I responded with surprise and happiness. I was actually very excited to see my brother, I hadn't seen him in three months. I started to get up when the Alpha's hand halted me.

"Wait." He spoke with strength and power. "I do have something important to speak to you about." I sat down slowly.

"Yes Alpha?" I asked and he smiled gently.

"As you may know a new family are arriving into our pack from the Blue Sky pack." I nodded my head a couple times. "And without a source of income, you have overstayed a month in your house." My mouth gaped slightly. Was he serious?

My house was part of the pack like many houses. Over the years, we'd managed to get by for free in it due to our mother and father's death. It was probably due to the fact that I was no longer a child and had to face up. Rejection had just been so hard on me and I couldn't feel any motivation. I didn't even know what I wanted to do.