34; Stop

"I get it." I started. "It's odd that she is here and it's all so sudden, but I truly believe that that woman is my mother." I admitted to him.

"That's not it." Brett countered. "I don't trust her, I believe that she may be your mother but that does not mean that she's not our enemy."

"I trust her." I huffed.

"I don't. I think this has something to do with your brothers, them exhiling you and all." He suggested and I huffed again.

"She's just protective." I stated. "Besides, they are in the wrong, I did nothing wrong!"

"I know that, she knows that, and I think, I think that she wants revenge." Brett said, briefly.

"I don't think so-"

"And not just on that but on the fact that they are not the true rulers. She believes that you are the true ruler due to you being born by royal mates." Brett stated.

"I don't-"

"Plus, why wouldn't she? She got kicked out of there around the time you went 'missing'. They took her baby away from her." Brett continued. "She wants revenge and she'll use you to get it."

"She deserves to be vengeful." I spoke. "She was delt a bad hand."

"A kind of hand that would make you crazy for revenge. I'm telling you Mavis, she's not safe." He then repeated the statement he started with. "I don't trust her."

"I still don't trust you." I pointed out. "Who knows if you're still a spy?"

"Mavis." His voice was softer now. "I have done everything in my power to keep you alive, Sebastian wants you dead."

"Does he now? Because in our last encounter, he didn't try and attack me or anything." I crossed my arms.

"After you broke Rosie out, he's out for revenge too." Brett spoke. "I don't want you doing something that you'll regret."

"I will choose my own battles Brett." I confirmed. "I will not be persuaded by you, my mother or even Sebastian on what I'll do."

"I think you just lied to me." Brett crossed his arms and stared at me. "I think when it comes down to it, you'll side with your mother."

"Just stop Brett." I grumbled. "I'm so sick of this. We were suppose to be on a peaceful date, away from all the drama but you just come out with the most ridiculous things in the world. My mother will not make me do something that I don't want to do." I snapped.

"Why do you think she's teaching you?" Brett challenged.

"Because she never got to when I was younger." I cried, a silence followed. "She was never there when I was little. I want to catch up for the time we've lost."

"I'm just warning you." He spoke.

"It was unneeded."

*

Minus our mini-fight, the date was actually fairly nice. We had a really nice waiter who we decided to give a ten percent tip too. The food was alright but better than my expectations. Overall, the date was pretty good.

We were walking down a small passage in the woods, on our way back to the pack house (since we decided against using the car). It was nice and the atmosphere was finally calm.

"Mavis." Brett spun me to face. I looked at his face under the dark moon. His eyes seemed to spark. "I have to do this otherwise I'll regret it for a least a month." He joked.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean-?"

His lips had crashed onto mine and a lifetime butterflies spun around my stomach. Through the heated kiss, my cheeks exploded with the colour red. I kept my eyes closed, I didn't know whether to keep them open or not.

The kiss was shorter than I expected, about three seconds of pure bliss. It felt longer. It felt as though we'd been in that embrace forever. I didn't want to stop kissing him which is something that I wouldn't admit to him.

"Brett." I whispered, almost breathless. My eyes glistened slightly as I looked up at him. I smiled.

"Mavis." He copied. He looked just as shocked as I through the moonlight.

"I love you." He spoke at once.

I lightly tapped him on his front. "I think it's just infatuation." I whispered.

We continued our walk with a mutual silence which made me smile.

*

[a/n]

Little cute scene between Brett and Mavis. I ship them so hard, I don't want anything bad to happen between them *hint* *hint*

You guys are simply amazing and I love reading all your comments!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

THANK YOU FOR 17K READS!

YOU ARE SO PHENOMENAL!

AHHHHH!

Sorry, I am little excited and overwhelmed :)

I'll update soon!

;)