42; The Storm

Third Person's POV

The day had come so swiftly. Stress levels were high as they anticipated the attack. There had been no sign of an attack or an approach. They were prepared.

Mason's plan was in motion but wasn't full set-up. They all weren't sure of the power that Mavis could carry - at least not yet.

Currently, Marcus and Red sat on a sofa. They were cuddling each other as if today may have been her last day.

"Do you really think we'll be okay?" Red mumbled to Marcus. He hugged her tighter into his chest.

"We'll be fine. Mason has a plan, remember?" Marcus told her. "We'll be fine." He repeated.

Red turned slightly, more away from Marcus as she thought about it herself. Mavis could get hurt. This could go badly. "I'm just worried." She uttered.

"Don't be." He replied curtly. "In a month- even in a weeks times we'll all be happy." Red looked in his eyes.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Down the corner, Olive and Ren seemed to be training - knowing that they both were bad with any sort of weapon and didn't have the power of shapeshifting. They knew that their type of magic would prove to be useless in battle.

Olive seemed to be using the sword whilst Ren decided on using a crossbow. This was all determined in their reaction speed, strength and aim.

"Bullseye!" Ren called as he managed to hit the target in front of him. He cheered and turned to Olive who smiled with a highfive ready.

She, in turn, grabbed a dagger from her back pocket before throwing it at his target. He gave her a look and she responded with a cheeky smile on her face as she managed to get a better shot than Ren

Watching the couplle, Rosie was playing with her fingers. She was the most nervous. She knew that Sebastian would get involved with this as well. It was inevitable. She still wondered how he was and whether he'd decided to change his ways and become more peaceful.

She shook her head of those thoughts.

She dreamed that this would turn out okay. That no one she loved got hurt, but that was also inevitable. Someone she loves would die and she couldn't stop that.

In the Golden Moon pack, Jude sat there with Layla. They weren't going to get involved, they both weren't fighters and with Jude's secret out in the open, Layla couldn't bare to let him go. Their child, Celeste, sat there whilst trying to grab onto Layla's hand which was holding onto the cot.

Jude was currently thinking. He was thinking about both his sisters :Alena and Mavis. He didn't know if Mavis was okay which scared him half to death and he couldn't get in contact with Alena. He knew that Alena would be busy preparing for injured patients.

"I feel useless." Jude admitted to Layla. She traced the black lines on his arm. "I should be doing something." He went to get up but Layla pushed him down.

"It's out of our hands, all we can do is hope." She smiled at him whilst placing a hand on her stomach and lying her head on his lap. "When it's over, we have to cater for the returning members. We should concentrate on that."

"Okay." He mouthed, breathlessly.

*

The storm had begun, they had already left the safety of the Dark Sun pack and were approaching the Royal Pack. Throughout the pack there were cynical smiles yet one full of guilt was hidden.

She was in the front of the storm, her eyes consisting of invisible tears. She knew that there was no turning back but she'd put her family in harms way. She regreted that throughly.