37; Brett's Warning

The room was now spelled from the inside and the out, only allowing certain people to pass through it. I am officially stuck and although, Brett had tried to break a few times, it seemed impossible. I felt regret from not listening to him. He had told me on numerous occasions to not listen to her, she's untrustworthy but the lonely child within me got caught up.

She was my mother. She is my enemy.

I saw Brett again outside the barrier. He was holding a sign that wrote 'hurry up!'. I sprinted, understanding what he was doing and search for a pen and wrote two words.

Warn them.

He stared at me a moment before mouthing 'what about you?' and I smiled and waved at him as he gave me a sad look before rushing off.

I allowed my hand to comb through my hair frustrated.

I knew I could get out of this. I always do.

*

The air was a bitter smell. I could sense everything around me and it was almost as though nature was trying to warn me. I shrugged it off, trying to calm my inner battle erupting inside my mind.

Brett was gone. Reluctant as he is, he was gone. I was glad that he had gone to warn Mason and Marcus and I'd hoped he'd talk about Elouise.

I didn't think that my encounter with her would be so... violent. I had hoped for something more calm and relaxed. I'd hoped to rekindle a somewhat sisterly bond yet that did not happen. It also made me question why she was like this.

Sure, Mason may have told a small - quite large - tattle on my mother yet he did not deserve an attack from his own sister. It seemed too over-exaggerated. Too dramatic to even comprehend.

This brought the though that Elouise was hiding something else. Was this personal gain or was this something else?

I didn't know.

I didn't trust her.

As a knock was sounded at my door, my whole body turned. I was glaring at it. I knew that Olive and Ren had gone with Mason so I was sure that it wouldn't be any of my friends. This would surely be someone that I didn't want to see.

"Can I come in?" A feeble voice asked. The voice was weak yet held authority and I instantly knew who it was. My main enemy at this rate - my mother.

"No." I spoke, I didn't try and hide any of the hurt feeling that lurked within the sound nor did I hide the anger.

She entered the door anyway, acting as though she owned the floorboards under her feet. I didn't see it before but I noticed flecks of red loitering around her brown ones. A bitter taste arrived in my mouth as I stared at her. She stop there with an elegant posture.

"That wasn't what I was expecting." The statement rolled in the air for a moment or two. I scoffed.

"That feeling is mutual." I expressed, my distate hurled in her direction. "This is so low."

She bit her lip, calculating her next words. She smiled gently. "I'm doing what's best for you. Do you think those bastards will just give up the throne to you? No! You have to fight for it!"

I looked at her. "I don't want the throne." I muttered lowly. I then turned my head to her. "I want family, stability. I just want to relax and what the heck, I want to be with Brett." I flared at her. "I want to be loved, I want my family to know who I am. I want everything to be normal."

"Normal?" She scoffed. "What is normal about being a witch? Witches don't come around much anymore and you being one can land you into unplanned situations."

"Like this?" I suggested. "I hate this. I hate being so confused."

"Confused about what?"

"Like you care."

"Try me."

I turned my head away from her, refusing to open up or reveal any weakness. The tear on the left side of my face was not seen by her as I shook my head.

"I don't trust you." I responded.

"I'm sorry about that." She spoke bitterly. "And I am sorry about this but once we take back what should've been mine, you'll be able to do anything you want to."

And soon I found myself in a deep slumber.