21; Tunnels

Thank you all for reading my book so far and leaving votes and comments. I can't believe the book has over 5.5k reads. It's insane.

Thank you for supporting <3

*

"Mavis." They started once again but I hushed them. Guilt was portrayed on their features but at that moment, I didn't care. All I cared about was getting the hell out of this rogue camp after I found Rosie.

Other than Rosie being one of my only friends at the Royal Pack, I needed to do this for Mason. I felt almost guilty for being the one to accidentally help with this trap. I needed to fix this.

"If you feel bad... even a little bit... you'll give me a headstart." I spoke gathering myself and moving past them. "And if it counts, you should apologise to your children because I am not going to keep quiet about you."

I walked out the room staring down both ways before making my way down the hall. "Wait Mavis." I heard someone behind me. There stood my parents. "She's this way, follow me." I nodded walking behind them, trusting them once more.

I followed them skeptically and soon made it to a door. The door was painted white and my father pulled out a key opening the locked door.

I opened the door swiftly and saw Rosie sitting on the bed in the room looking distressed. "Rosie." I whispered trying to get attention.

"Mavis!" She called relief in her voice. "I can't believe you're here."

I walked up to her and gave her a brief hug when I noticed the door closed. I then heard my mother's voice. "He's coming Mavis, hide." My eyes widened making my way to the cupboard. Rosie had gone inside the cover of her bed to pretend she was sleeping.

I sat in the cupboard holding my breath as I heard the door unlock. A squeak was heard from Rosie but other than that pure silence was heard.

"I know your awake Rosie." I heard Sebastian speak.

A groan was heard from Rosie. "What do you want Sebastian?" The utter anger and disgust was clear in her voice.

"Just making sure your alright." He sounded awkward and nervous but what'd you expect when you seperate mates?

"Oh I'm just fine, Sebastian." She spat. "You know, feeling my heart being crushed in my chest is definitely something that I love to feel."

"You could break the bond." He suggested.

"Break the bond, you sure are an idiot Sebastian." She spoke angrily. "Just because your mate died and you have this anger towards anyone with a mate, doesn't mean you have to make me miserable."

His mate died?

"Don't talk about her." He seethed.

"Would you reject her if you were in my situation? Come on Sebastian think, would you?"

"Shut up." He gritted.

"I want to go home." Rosie finally spoke.

I heard someone angrily storm across the room and walk out. As I slowly opened the cupboard, I looked over and was relief to see Rosie rather than Sebastian still in the room.

I looked around the room trying to think of a way to escape this room. There were absouletly no windows in here so I decided to check the bathroom. I walked in and noticed a small window - just about large enough for us to do the worm out of it.

"Rosie." I whispered gesturing for her to come over. She noticed the window as well and gave me a shake of the head.

"We're on the third floor Mavis and I don't want to go headfirst to me death." I nodded in agreement when we heard the door open again.

There my mum stood. "Your dad's distracting them. Let's go." We nodded walking along with her down a very sketchy looking staircase. It looked as though it was a fire exit. "No has used this passage for a while, there's a network of tunnels underneath the building. It'll lead you to the forest near the castle. Be careful and tell Jude and Alena that we're sorry."

I nodded grabbing Rosie and running down the rest of the steps. Soon we were presenting with a network of tunnels, as we were told. However, there were two directions. Rosie was quick to point out a direction.

"The castle is north of here so surely we should go north." She spoke and I nodded as we started our journey.

*

[a/n]

Can I have you honest opinion of this book? I am not sure what I think of it and I just want you guys to tell me what you think.

I started writing this book for fun and because I've been wanting to write something for a while but recently, I've become less inspired. I feel as though I should've finished writing the story before publishing.

This has been my first book written on this account and I am still nervous of it. I've never been really good with confident with my own works but I want to thank the people who keep supporting my writing even though it can get quite bad.

I think that writing this story has taught me that I should spend more time on chapters and update more daily and longer chapters. It has also taught me to pre-write chaptes before actually writing them.

I am going to be finishing this book soon and I may delete it after a while, I am not sure. But thank you for being there and I think there's maybe one or two chapters left.

Thank you again,

Bye guys