20; New Plan

Axel's plan was pure idiocy, I was realising that now.

Axel's plan was for me, the person who betrayed Sebastian to pretend that it was all part of the plan that I knew that Marcus and Red were following me and had to cover my tracks. To be honest, at the time that sounded like an amazing plan but now, staring into the eyes of the guy who I almost kissed gave me a feeling of regret.

Of course I had managed to compose myself this time, calming my heart everytime a lie slip out of my mouth. I blame my lack of composure for my last mistakes.

"So you're telling me that you lied to help me...?" The quirk on his eyebrow was unmissable and the amusement lingered in his eyes before turning into a wall of stone.

"Yes?" My voice was quite strained at this and I was honestly extremely scared of the guard who looked at me like he wanted to murder me. "Look, I am not an idiot." I spoke. "I knew you'd recognise my lie and I didn't want Marcus and Red to go after you."

"So you tried to protect me by sending me to a bloodbath?" He hyperbolised. I rolled my eyes at his dramatics. Judging by his pack, I am sure it would've been a 50/50 fight.

"If you want to put it like that, yes." I said. "In order to protect you, I tried to send a discreet message through lying that I was being observed."

"I'm slightly confused." Sebastian spoke. "I didn't know you were being observed, I just knew you lied about the King's Ball."

I let out a groan in fustrastion. "You didn't know I was being followed but I knew and they would've ambushed you if I didn't improvise."

"Alright, I think I got it." His voice was strong with hints of confusion within it.

Maybe confusion would work in my favour.

"Okay Mavis, I like you a lot." He responded. In what way? "So I'll let it slide, you'll be going with Thomas." He spoke. "Thomas!" He growled catching the attention on an unalerted male wolf. "Show Mavis the ropes." He nodded at Sebastian as I followed Thomas.

I was wondering down the hall when Thomas suddenly stopped in front of me. His face as still as concrete. I gulped at his strict demeanor.

"I'm Mavis." He grumbled in response to this and push me into one of the bedrooms. Confusion lingered on my eyebrow.

He laughed at my reaction - though it seemed forced and annoyed. "You'll be starting off here. Cleaning the bedrooms." He mummered.

"What about fighting or guarding the perimeter?" I questioned.

He rolled his eyes. "You still smell like them." He grumbled walking away.

Cleaning bedrooms didn't sound fabulous but it'd have to do. I had to find Rosie and if it meant spending a few days being a maid, so be it.

The room was quite bland. The floor made of wood with a cream painted wall. A double bed resided in the centre. A couple lived here, for sure, due to the various pieces of clothing scattered across the floor. There was a wall in walldrobe and a chest of draws but the room seemed overall unused apart from sleeping purposes.

I started my journery around the room, picking up various piece of clothing, folding them then organizing the draws so the male's clothing didn't mix with the female's clothing - although I knew that they'd still manage to tear the draw to shreds.

I had to polish the windowsills and the sides before making the bed and hoovering the carpet. After finishing this one room I felt tired and sat down on the centre of their comfortable bed before noticing an onsuite that was calling my name.