28; We're Losing

This book has hit 10K Reads which is absolutely surreal! Thank you so much! This chapter is longer in celebration of this!

Thanks youuuuuuuu! 💜💜💜

Also, I am extremely happy to read your works so post a comment or message me and I'll be sure to have a lot.

Do not expect an instant read though since I still have work and college!

Enjoy!

*

Mavis' POV

"You are not coming with me." I stated immediately. Brett rolled his eyes in response whilst continuting to tail behind me.

"You don't even know where you are going." Brett responded, snorting slightly.

"I am going this way which is the way to Jude's pack." I pointed in front of me whilst trying to increase my speed to avoid Brett.

"No-" Brett spoke coming up behind me in an almost run pace. He grabbed my hand and turned the rest of my body. "-It's this way."

I groaned and started to move in that direction. Once again, I was ignoring Brett.

I shouldn't be mad at Brett. I should be gracious that he actually came to help me. But I didn't actually trust him, especially after he was quite close with Sebastian's rogue pack. I also didn't especially trust him due to his mission to kill me.

Yes, I did not trust him.

"Are you just going to follow me?"

"Are you not going to trust me?"

"Why should I?" I questioned.

"I've given you more than enough reasons." Brett spoke and it was true. He knew actually what I needed to find my mother.

"Give me another reason."

"Because I'm in love with you." He spoke genuinely.

"You've said that already."

"Because it's true."

"Brett..."

"Mavis..."

"Stop this, it's just a childhood crush... an infatuation."

*

I'd - we'd - made it to the Golden Moon pack. They did not know of our arrival so we stood at the edge of the pack and waited for a warrior to come. Of course this was risking due to the fact that he could kill us on sight but it was better than not getting on at all.

"How long are they going to take? I could've infiltrated their pack by now." I shook my head at this.

"No, they are brilliant defense on the inside. Trust me, they have guards at every point around the house." I told him.

"Great." Brett spoke sarcastically. "I could still get through though."

"Okay." I spoke, my voice high pitched, a lie clear. "You could probably get through but could you get out?"

"Shut up Mavis."

"I am telling the truth."

We sat down next to a tree and I started to play with the grass in front of me, pulling it out and bunching it up together into a small knock before letting it go. Brett sat behind me, his head against the bark with his eyes closed.