33; Date Without Fate

My clothes loosely hung around my frame, I smiled slightly looking in the mirror and adjusting my sleeve by pulling it down. My cheeks were slightly flustered and something in my just sparked.

When did I start feeling like this for him?

I want completely sure. Was I being ignorant and making myself feel as though I want to date him just to prevent him from feeling bad about himself.

I'm not sure.

I'm sure that there are butterflies flying through my stomach, a few were trying to escape as my stomach erupted in a grizzly grumble. My face rushed red again.

My stomach has always been loud and I've always found myself very annoyed at the sound of it. I hated the noise. It drew unwanted attention.

"You ready for your lover boy?" In the mirror, I saw Olive standing there. A pink strand of hair was in her mouth but she didn't notice. I laughed gently in response.

It felt so calm. So normal. I felt normal. For once.

"I think so." I muttered. My eyes still staring at my appearance. I felt shameful for the vanity and I felt the need to adjust every part of me.

To look perfect... for him.

I didn't know what came over me but as the clock, my lip quivered with uncertainty.

No, he's waiting for you.

It's seven.

You look fine.

Just don't do anything stupid.

Make sure to eat with your mouth closed.

Does your breath stink?

I breathed in my hand and made my nose sniff it. I was fine. For now. Unless they had garlic at wherever he was taking me. Maybe I should pack some gum-

"Mavis." I spend to make eye contact with him. I blushed.

He stood there in the same predicament as I. His jeans looked a little work out and his black polo swayed slightly. He seemed nervous. More  than nervous as he took my hand in his and tugged me into a hug.

I felt awkward. Was this how a date was suppose to go? A hug first? Should I kiss him? But no one kisses on the first date. Unless...

He drew away. A small smile on his face. I tucked a stand of my hair behind my ear before unlocking our hands due to fear of sweaty palms.

"Do you want to go?" He asked. His voice unsure and impartial.

"Uh yeah, do I need a coat?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"Have you looked outside recently?" He questioned. I looked and saw the sun peeking through my curtains.

"Right..." I awkwardly stood. "Let's go...?"

"Oh right. I'm borrowing a car from one of the pack members." He smiles cheekily.

"You sure about that?" I raised an eyebrow.  He furrowed his eyebrows. "Your definition of borrowing often is stealing."

"Borrowing without permission." He corrected.

"Whatever." I muttered under my breath. "If we get kicked out. It's on you."

"Fine. Fine." He smiled brightly. "Ready to go?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

*

We stopped a little somewhere in the near town. It was a town that was only in the territory of the Dark Sun Pack. I turned to Brett and raised my eyebrow.

"I honestly thought we were going to have a picnic." I laughed.

"This book is not that cliche." Brett snorted.

"I'm not sure. It's pretty cliche." I thought. "Oh, did I say that out loud?" I joked punching Brett on the arm.

He laughed too, gently taking my hand in his and guiding me towards a petite restaurant. "The Cross?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Owned by a human who's friend of the pack." Brett explained.

"So privacy?" I laughed.

"Yes! Privacy away from your mother. I swear she's everywhere, lurching around every corner." He stated, bewildered.

"I don't think so." I muttered. "I haven't seen her since yesterday."

"When I asked you out, she was staring at me from the corridor." He frowned.

"I'm sure she wasn't." I persisted.

"Oh you don't even know..." Brett trailed. "Let's go in, I've got reservation for seven fifteen, so it's best to go in now." I nodded in agreement.

He travelled to the front of the restaurant where he held the door open for me like a gentleman. I shuffled past him and walked to the waiter at the desk, Brett followed behind me.

"Table reserved under Michael." The waiter nodded and I turned to Brett furrowing my eyebrow and he gave me a look as if to say 'I'll explain but not now'.

"Ah yes sir, follow me."

We were soon the table. Brett pulled out the chair and I sat down. He swiftly moved around the table and sat down on his chair.

"Had to say that so your mother wouldn't follow." He admitted. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"You're taking this out of proportion." I told him, giving him a look.

"And you're too oblivious to notice."

"Shut up."

He then looked down at the menu in front of him. The waiter had placed it there when we were seated. I was looking through mine and me, being basic and all, decided to order a margarita pizza.

Soon the waiter came and took our orders. Brett had decided to get a steak. I will not go into much detail about the order but let's say that it was three lines long.

"Mavis. I've been meaning to talk to you." Brett spoke.

"Why not earlier?"

"Your mother."

"Dang it. We're still on this." I huffed.

"Yes. Anyway, I wanted to say that I do not trust her."

"Who? My mother?" I raised an eyebrow challenging.

He'd better choose his next words carefully.

*

[a/n]

Part 1 of the date.

Sorry. I just wanted to get this out!

Thank you for 15k read and 1k votes. It means a lot!

You guys are absolutely amazing and I honestly can't believe it. It so weird to think that so many people are reading this book.

Ahhhhhh!

You guys are amazing!!!

I'll update soon!

Bye :)

:D