09; The Royal Pack

I'd made it to the pack within the next few hours. The pack was beautiful, the pack house was surrounded by hedges on hedges creating a sense of territory. Moreover, you could visibly see the royal purple curtains that swayed in the open windows as the wind blew on them. The glistening white colour emphasises the overall beauty of the estate.

Looking onward, I noticed a magnificent marble waterfall simmering in the sunlight. My eyes sparkled with delight as I saw it. The waterfall matched the pathway that looked like it was more hassle than it was worth but this was the Royal Pack and when they wanted marble pathways outside, they got marble pathways outside. The pack house looked as if it would go on forever - the height was indescribable.

The driver had motioned for me to walk on whilst him and other pack members moved my stuff to my room. I had been surprised that they were doing this and had offered to just do it myself but they denied my offer.

The stunning estate was similar on the inside. The marble flooring continued throughout the hallways leading into each and every room. Looking further into the long hallway,I noticed an elegant staircase leading to the upstairs.

It held a certain elegance to it yet you could see that it held historical values. I heard a sudden squeal and spun into a hug.

"Mavis!" I could recognise Alena's voice. I didn't hug back but stand there awkwardly. She backed away - slightly awkward but smiling none-the-less.

"Alena." I nodded.

"I can't believe it!" She then spoke. "I can't believe you came."

"Alena, I hope we can be sisters again." I told her slowly. "I hope that I stop holding this grudge that I can't let go of."

"I hope so too May."

*

My sister had soon showed me to my room. It was truly magnificent and I couldn't help but wonder how the pack could afford such luxurious rooms - taxes. The Royal Pack taxed all packs which was fair enough on their behalf since it was a somewhat insurance for the packs.

My eyes wondered around the room, the movers had done a good, swift job with setting everything up. I shouldn't even question that though since these wolves come from the Royal Pack. Everything here will be different to how it normally is. The houses will be bigger, they'll be at least ten times the wolves than my previous pack and they'll be much stricter rules - this was all inevitable.

A massive advantage to the Royal pack was that I was away from Ace - and the reputation of being in such an exclusive pack was great too.

A knock was heard on my door. "Come in." I spoke gently, a girl came in with a bright smile on her face.

"Hi, I'm Rosie." She introduced. "I heard that you are moving in on our floor so I just wanted to meet you." She smiled politely.

"I'm Mavis." I responded. "I didn't think that it'd be this... fancy." She chucked.

"Neither did I when I moved here." She admitted. "I knew it'd be fancy but not as fancy as this." She then smiled gently. "The wolves aren't as posh as the place, trust me. Plus, everyone is excited to meet you."

Thank the Moon Goddess that I won't have to speak as if I have a stick up my ass.

"When did you move here then?" I asked her, she sat down on my desk chair whilst I took a seat on my bed.

"About three years ago... I think... My old pack was taken down by rogues and I was the last survivor - one of the Royal Arms saw me and decided to help me out by bringing me into this pack - the Beta accepted me in." She explained. I nodded. "The guy who found me became a father figure for me and a lot of people. He's known as Gregory but everyone calls him Greg."

"He sounds like a good guy." She nodded in agreement.

"Well I'll leave you be, I have to sort out the daycare before Mel notices that I am gone." She chuckled. "See you soon, if you need anything I'll be in the room on your right." She then waved and left the room.

At least I've made one friend.

*

My wolf had started to demand that we shift. I hadn't shifted much lately - the last time was about a month ago - but she needed to get out. By the time I had made it outside the pack house and into the forest, it was around six in the afternoon leaving me about half an hour to run before getting ready for dinner.

Due to me being one of the newest members, I was stuck being assigned to doing the washing up after every meal until I found a job within the pack which was fair enough. I was thinking of asking Rosie if I would be able to join in the daycare area since it seemed like a fun job to do.

Let's run!

My wolf howled in my mind and I nodded in agreement stripping off my clothes and shifting into my breathtaking wolf. We wondered around the forest for a bit, getting familiar with the surroundings and mapping out a path that would be suitable and claiming it as ours. Once we'd planned a route, we ran.

We ran weaving through all the trees and greenery. We ran far as far as our legs could get us since the pack land was so big. I'd never really known land to be so never-ending. I soon let my wolf take control - her howl illuminating the forest beyond her.

As she took control, weaving playfully once again through the trees; a glimpse of lights and colour as seen in my rear view. As I was distracted, I wasn't aware that a wolf was coming towards me crashing into to me - by accident. As we landed, we both shifted and I stared up into his piercing blue eyes and wondered.

Why Moon Goddess? Why?

*

[a/n]

Sorry that this chapter was short like chapter 8, I am going to make chapter 10 longer and hopefully better so please bare with me.

I can't believe that this book is so close to hitting 2k reads. It's so weird because I started this book because I had this idea and now look at it growing. I think that the book will go to around 40 chapters since we haven't even hit the most dramatic parts yet :3

I just wanted to thank you again, it's been a while since writing for me and by the end of this book, I'll probably do so extreme editing but for now, this is my story.

If you have noticed Danielle Campbell has been in some gifs lately. This is since I kind of imagined Mavis to look similar to her.

Mavis is really innocent and naive. She believes in the better in people that's why she's coming close to forgiving her sister but there is a possibility still that she won't. I like the fact that the Royal Pack has more to it that meets the eye which you will get a preview of during the next chapter.

Hopefully you guys haven't forgotten that Mavis was dropped off at the Full Moon Pack so she still as a family out there - or does she?

DRAMA.

Anyway, sorry for the lack of update yesterday, I had an extremely long day and didn't want to give you a half-hearted chapter.

Thank you for reading :)

You guys are amazing.

Bye ^-^