25; Leave Me Alone

I had ran as far as I could from the Royal Pack, trying to make it safetly onto no-man's land. I couldn't believe it completely, my mind quite blurred. I let a tear slip, not because I was sad but because of the anger that was erupting inside of me.

I had helped them.

I had helped them.

Sure, sometimes my warnings were a little off and sure, I had caused all this but it wasn't exactly my fault. I didn't do this one purpose.

Drip.

Another angry tear slipped down until more and more fell. I swipped the tears off my face bitterly using my sleeve.

I can get through this. I will get through this. I need to get through this.

"You alright there?" I turned and saw Axel leaning against a tree. His shaggy hair swaying slightly in the wind.

"I don't want to talk about it." I spoke, looking away from him. I walked past him swiftly, not staring at him at all.

"You don't have to." He responded. "I saw what happened, quite a show." He laughed humourlessly.

"Go away Axel." I said whilst continuing my walk away from him. I could hear him lowly strodding from behind.

"I've been protecting you my whole life Mavis." He then started. "I was born in a rogue pack and destined to kill you." I turned to him, anger flared out of my eyes.

"Then why didn't you? Your whole life would've been so much easier." I spoke viciously.

"Because I fell in love with the girl who gave me food and water, she cared for me like no one else really did. She didn't care that I was a rogue and she was so beautiful, staring down at me with those innocent eyes. I knew that she was the one." I turned to him and scoffed.

"How long did it take to make that up?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow, completely amused.

He frowned. "I didn't-"

"You are a lie Axel." I screeched. "That's not even your real name! You never told me your name! You always keep everything to yourself!"

"No everything. This is true Mavis, I am in love with you."

"You're unbelieveable." I scoffed once again.

"My real name is Brett. Everything that I've said about my life so far is true." He started. "My mate died when I was fifteen, I felt it. I'd never met her but I knew that she was gone, a pit had been made in my heart."

"Your mate died?" I asked, suddenly feeling a sense of pity go through me. I didn't want to break under his gaze so I kept my body tense.

"Mavis, it's not a good feeling." Axel - Brett - admitted as his voice strained. "Imagine the feeling of your heart breaking."

"I think I can relate." I spoke quietly. "I'm sorry but I have to go Brett. I just have to get out of here before anyone sees me and decides to kill me."

"Mavis, I'm in love with you." He then blurted out. "And I know that you don't believe me but I want to help you, I want to help you find your mother."

I looked at him once more, my heart thumbing in my chest. "What do you know about my mother?"

"I have a few ideas." He spoke. "I know that Jude has a book about it."

I let out a groan in annoyance. "He gave that to me, it's in my room."

"I know. The question is, how do we get it?"

"We?!"

*

[a/n]

Hey there, a little update here!

This book has reached 8k reads which is phenomenal. It's extremely surprising for me as I only started this book as a way to improve my writing skills and I really wanted to write about something that always interested me.

That's what I enjoy about books. You can write about anything and everything.

Plus, you are not limited at all to what you write. I could write for miles on end about everything and anything, it's just how it goes.

Anyway, thank you reading you lovely people!

See you in the new update!

Byee!

:)