36; New Enemies

I stood up, walking down the hall loudly, announcing my enterance. I hadn't been in these halls for a while and even now, looking at the chandeler above me, I felt small. I felt like I didn't belong because in all honest I didn't.

I soon found myself in front of Raymon's office. I hadn't seen him for a while, two months to be exact, I knew that he was more stressed, especially with Sebastian and his pack pestering him. They didn't know I was here but they had wanted Raymon as an allied, a temporary ally. Of course, Raymon refused him causing the distrubtion that was occuring lately.

I had to ignore that though, I had to concentrate on my magic in order to focus it, control it and mold it into my own. It is so easy when using magic to duplicate someone else's magic which is why I had to be cautious whilst training with my mother.

I knocked on the door, three times and it opened. Raymon looked more tired than the last time I'd saw him. His bags could surely hold all the supermarket shopping. He was wearing a braclet today, something with a moon on it.

"Come in Mavis." He demanded wearily. I nodded and shuffled past him, sitting down on one ofthe chairs in his office.

There was another girl in here, a girl was straight, light-brown hair and a bright smile. She looked at me, turned her head, analysising me in depth. I squirmed under my gaze.

"Mavis, meet Elouise." I looked at the girl, finding similaries in our appearances. This was surely my half-sister, she had to be.

"H-hey." I stuttered gently.

"How cute!" She taunted. "She stutters, why'd you find her?" I looked at her quite horrified. "Oh chill out-"

"-You'll get used to it." Raymon smiled, shaking his head.

"You may be my best friends but-" Elouise started.

"And we better stop her before she goes out on a rampage." I looked at him horrified that he had interupted her again.

"Whatever Ray, you are just lucky that I am in a good mood." Elouise spoke, punching him playfully on the shoulder. "So you're the sister that I heard so much about when my father was dying?" Bluntness wasn't uncommon for her, I could tell.

"I guess?"

"You guess?" She huffs. "She's not helping me out much here Ray."

"I'm sorry but I wasn't there when he was dying." I snapped back at her.

"Fire! At least you got something from this family." I looked at her, my eyes widened with offense slightly. "Oh chill out, Ray, this girl seems pretty pathetic to me, you sure she's my sister?"

My magic started to get a little out of control then, creating a spiral of wind in the centre of the room. My hair was blowing in all directions. Elouise's smirk had risen and was now the dominant feature on her face.

"You going to hit me with it or what?" She asked, fire clear throughout her tone. I lowered the wind as best as I could until it evaporated into the air around us. "That's what I thought."

I tried not to get aggrivated by her comment. She and I both knew that I didn't do it for her sake but for mine. Being out of control wasn't on my to-do list today, especially when they could just lock me back up in my room for another six months.

"What is the purpose of this?" I turned to Raymon who was now leaning against his desk and shaking his head in disapproval at Elouise. He smiled gently at me.

"We were discussing war." I furrowed my eyebrows at this.

"War? Against Sebastian?" I questioned.

"No. No. The Royal Empire." My jaw dropped.

*

*

*

"I refuse." That was my instant response which bought about no surprise in the room. I stiffened up on my chair.

"You have no choice in the matter." Elouise replied snarkily.

"Why do you even want to?" I asked her.

"That's no of your business." She responded, her body shaking slightly and her glare intensifying. "I don't want anything to do with that Empire, I want it gone."

"They're your brothers." I stated, attempting to convince her.

"Not for long they aren't." She growled lowly. "You in or what?"

"No." I uttered and the room fell into a silence.

"Get Valencia." Elouise ordered Raymon. Raymon did not move. "Go." He hurried away, a change in power was erupting in this room.

Elouise stalked towards me and I attempted to hold my place. She did scare me under her scrutinizing gaze. I didn't move though, just sat perfectly still. She was soon in front of me, glaring down and her hands molded into perfect balls beside her waist.

In an instant, she grabbed me by my throat and launched me across the door. I landed on the wall with an 'hmph' and groaned as the pain travelled around my back. "You really want to know what they did to me." I bit my lip knowing better not to answer.

She gripped my neck pulling me up from the floor. "They're the reason that my father died!" She exposed throwing me at Raymon's desk this time. Enough to leave a large dent.

"I don't understand." I struggled to mutter. I attempted to get up this time but failed and ended up sprawled on the floor.

"INNOCENT LITTLE MASON COMES ACROSS A WOMAN RUNNING FROM DADDY'S ROOM." She screams out. The door is soon thrown open and my mother sees the scene.

"What the hell is going on?!" The question flew out of Valencia's mouth and she launched Elouise off my wincing body. "Your lack of control makes you weak Elouise." Valencia screeches out. "You could've killed her."

"I knew what I was doing." She spoke, dusting off invisible dust on her jeans. "Besides, your plan went south, she's not going to help us."

My mother turned to me, a new smirk sparked through the room. "Oh she will, she just doesn't know it yet." I scrunched my eyebrows together and soon I found myself unable to move. "I've already created a bond. I am able to control her enemy making me ten times stronger on the battle field."

Elouise smirked at this and I felt utterly useless.

*

[a/n]

If you're confused: Valencia has been training Mavis to make her powerful. VALENCIA HAS ACTUALLY TAUGHT MAVIS MAGIC. But, she has also tricked her into performing a link between them, enabling Valencia to draw from Mavis's magic.

If there's any confusion, just comment.

Oh and 20k reads! OMG! YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING. We went from 15k to 20k in like ten days which is surreal.

Bye!

^-^