31; Rekindle

I stood there slightly agape at the sight of this woman. The one who claimed to be my mother. Her eyes glistened a beautiful brown which matched her elegant, wavy hair. She looked like me but why didn't she seem to be someone else?

"My beautiful daughter, Claribel." She spoke with such grace and stillness. She seemed so sure, so rehearsed. "Oh how you have grown to become such a strong, young women! I have been trying to find you for the past few years of my life."

I croaked. The unsurity drifting away as I stared at the tears freshly brewing out of her eyes. "Mum?" The echo of a small child made its way round the room. "Is this really you?"

"Yes love, I can't believe I am looking at you." She smiled again showing off the specious appearance of her teeth. "Last time I saw you was when you were one."

"Mum?" I repeated, the word seemed more foreign to my lips as I spoke it twice. I was crying, gentle tears and I couldn't help but wrap my arms around the woman.

"Oh dear." She spoke again. "Wipe your tears, there are guests around, may I take you to your rooms?" She asked Olive and Ren releasing the two guys to the ground. They both let out a similar 'huff' sound as they crumbled.

Olive laughed, nodding and following her along with Ren who stalked close behind Olive, protecting her from unforeseen danger. Soon, they left the room and I leveled with the floor crumbling into the wall beside me. Brett was quick up and, hesitantly, placed his arms around my form.

"That's my mum." I spoke quietly. He soothed my back with his hand. I rested my head against his shoulder. "She's gone."

I didn't even realise how emotional I was. I didn't think that I would have this sort of reaction when meeting my mother for the first time. I thought I was be strong but I wasn't.

"She's coming back." Raymon spoke sternly as he pulled down his sleeves. "She's just catering to our guests, that's all."

"I can't believe she's here." I muttered to Brett, he stroked my hair soothingly.

Moments later the door open at an expeditious pace. "What are you doing with my daughter?" Brett's eyes fell out their sockets as he scooted away from me. I laughed wiping the tears from my eyes.

"I-uh-Miss-uh-"

"I? Uh? Miss? Uh?" My mother mocked in response. I bit my lip. "Anyway, my dear daughter, I must teach you all I know! You are now my young protégé!" She exclaimed.

*

"This was you as a baby." She cooed gently staring down at the photo in her arms. There was negative energy rolling off her as she stared at it.

"How old?"

"A few months." She replied crisply.

"What was I like?" I asked curiously.

"You cried a lot." She spoke with a laugh. "More than you'd think which scared me to no ends went you were little. I thought that you'd been injured all the time."

"I bet I was cute."

"You were... but that didn't excuse you waking me up at two in the morning." I smiled gently at this.

"Sorry." She laughed at this.

*

Later on in the day, I found myself in my mother's room. She was demonstrating how to use spells and how to control my power. I found it fairly hard but as I started doing it more and more, I got better. Although, I am fairly sure that if I used my magic now I'd do more harm than good.

I concentrated my mind on the lamp in front me. I was trying to turn it on but I've broken the past twenty.

"You can do this Clara." She spoke. I'd attempted to correct her a few times telling her to call me Mavis but she refused with such irritation.

Again, the bulb cracked. I cried out in fustration.

"I'm never going to be able to do this!" I crashed down onto the bed in one swift movement.

"Not with that attitude." She replied sarcastically. "It'll take a while to master spells." She admitted. "And since you're a beginner, the easier spells will also be hard."

"But I want to do well."

"And you will, besides, you have my genes and your father's. I'm sure you'll be fine."

*

[a/n]

Little chapter of rekindling between Mother and Daughter!

Enjoy! :)

I'll probably upload tomorrow as well and you can see more of Brett and Mavis *wiggles eyebrows* ;) ;)

See you guys later!

Byeeeeeeee!

;)