06; Realisation

I stared at him for a moment, testing him almost trying to find out whether he was telling me the truth or trying to make me feel better. I looked over towards the Luna with a questionable look and then moved my gaze back to the Alpha.

"I'm confused." I admitted to him. "You are happily with Luna." I spoke.

"But she's not my mate neither am I her's." The Luna nodded in agreement in the background.

"My mate rejected me as well Mavis." The Luna spoke softly. "I thought that it was all over that everything was going wrong. I'd thought that the Moon Goddess had set me up. I refused to accept his rejection but then I met Bradley." She smiled towards Alpha Bradley. "And I realised that I could move on and so I accepted it." Her story spoke to me.

"But what if I never find someone like that? What if I am doomed to be alone?" I asked her. My mouth quivered slightly.

"Well that's better than bearing a burden." I tilted my head. "Look Mavis, you don't have to bare this pain. The Moon Goddess won't hate you for accepting it. You've been strong Mavis but you don't have to be."

"I'll think about it. Thanks." They both nodded their heads as I went deep in thought.

*

I was about to go to where I was staying - which was Jude and Layla's room - when I stumbled across Alena. Her long blonde hair stopping at her breasts and her blue eyes staring into my soul. I stepped back, a bit shocked to see her.

"Alena." I'd managed to recognise her instantly even if I hadn't seen her for so long. "It's been a while." My voice was neutral - I didn't know what to feel. The sister who ditched me and refused to respond to my emails.

"Mavis." I couldn't detect a pure emotion but I knew her view held a slight surprise. "Look at you! You're all grown up." I raised my eyebrow slightly at her.

"Yeah that's what happens after ten years." I snapped slightly. "You just left us!"

"I couldn't stand to live in that home anymore!" She responded - her voice leveling mine. "It just reminded me so much of them and seeing your faces just made me miss them more. I couldn't- I wouldn't stay there any longer." Her eyes brimming with tears. "Look, Jude told me about your financial issues and you can always stay with me, I'd be happy to house you-"

"You really think that I'd want to live with you? You left us! You didn't think that it'd be hard on us? Our parents had died and then soon later our sister - after neglecting us may I add - ditched us in a lonesome house." I screeched back. "To add to that, I tried... I really tried to contact you but guess who never responded..."

"I didn't know what to say!" She shouted back. "Look, I know that I've been a bad sister these past years but I came here with one thing on my mind and I that is forgiveness. I want forgiveness."

Jude then walked into the room, his grin turned into a shocked face as he watched us brawl. He walked up to her placing a hand on Alena's shoulder.

"I don't think I can..." I told Alena.

"Please Mavis." She pleaded. "Jude has forgiven me, why can't you?" Her eyes filled with sadness. Jude patted her back.

"Because for the past ten years I've been thinking that the reason you left was me. I'd thought that you blamed me for their death! I'd thought... I'd thought..." My words were stuck in my throat.

"That was never my intention!" She countered.

"Well it happened didn't it!" I responded. "Ten fucking years! Ten fucking years!" Her head lowered. "I can't deal with this right now." I budged past her leaving them and went towards the barbeque wiping small tears that I managed to control.