Chapter Seventeen: Hot Coffeelate

"Here ya go, two coffees." A girl set some coffee down but clumsily it spilled as someone pushed her. I jumped up hitting the table with my knees. It's strange, I didn't see anybody pass her.

I was aiding my knees that were stinging with so much pain. "One, ow! Two, ow! Three, I didn't order coffee!"

"Oh, whoops! Wrong person!" They apologized, I looked up and saw. Ugh, no wonder that coffee spilled. It was one of Avery's goons.

"Nicole! What did I say about spilling coffee on people!" A lady who looked like someone I knew snapped. She looked like Matthew or it could be my imagination.

"Nothing. This is the first time I've done it."

"Well you are getting a warning."

"You said that last week."

"Do you really want to get fired?"

"I dunno." Nicole shrugged. I just stared, lifting the wet material off my skin. Sighing, I grabbed my bag.

"Wait, child." The lady stopped me, putting a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, looking at the lady.

"Come back tomorrow." She put a thumbs up.

"Um...." was all I said. She looked at me, her blue eyes sparkling like she had an idea.

Next day

Today was a Thursday. The birds were being the most annoyingest creature in the world waking me to remind me of the time of the month. When I had gotten out of the bed first thing I did was take care of my daily needs as a female. Taking a shower.

I got to the coffee store a few hours later, taking a seat where Nicole was cleaning. "Oh, nice to see you still exist." Nicole greeted.

"Nice to see you too." I said.

"I'm still angry for what you did."

"Help you with your dumbness?" I questioned. She looked at me offended, her eyes that she had covered with a failed smokey eye look, widened. I shrugged at her.

"When I saw you first thing you looked completely different. You had short hair but your tomboy style didn't change at all." Nicole looked me up and down, staring at my chest but I bet her before she could even ask a question.

"No, I'm not. Give it a rest." I said. "Actually, bury it."

"It's Avery who digs that up." Nicole defended. From afar I could hear a cheerful voice from afar.

"Order up!"

"Matthew, this isn't a diner!" Nicole called, she went up to the back and I turned myself to see what was happening. My eyes had widened, the shorty Matthew was pretty tall. I'm sure he was standing on something to make him taller or either the view was just the right size for him.

He saw me and hurried out the entrance, the damn shrimp was fast. I was chasing right after him. Also this fraud, I don't see any tin foil on his head!

"Why are you chasing me?!" He demanded as we both turned the corner.

"Because you're running away from me! Why are you running away from me!"

"Because your chasing me!" He replied. We continued to chase each other until one of us gave up but none of us did. While doing up the hill, I was chasing. Periods + Sports = Equals terrible combination and disaster.

"Matthew!" I called. Matthew ran faster.

"I'm sorry I lied about the thing!" He apologized.

"Matthew!"