Chapter forty five: Happy New Years!!

Third POV
New Year's Eve

Each of the guys looked out the windows. It was eight in the morning and all, besides Daniel, happened to be up at the same time, nobody talking to each other or even bothering to know what each other were up to. The twins were in the same room.

Kevin playing video games and Kelvin reading a script for his play.

Leo posted on his account for Insta.

Matthew finished the dishes and bakery goods.

Ryan played cards with his brothers and uncles and a few of his cousins.

Daniel still sleeping.

And Troy, figuring out how to write his speech for his prefect stuff.

Phoenix well, she left through the window. A long blanket rope that escaped out of her dorm window.

~

Finally, when the sun had set. It was six more hours until New Years. The guys had met up in that time and set up their little party for themselves. Rain had poured down quite hard and the possibilities of doing fireworks or even seeing fireworks may not happen for them. They'd be indoors for the countdown.

The guys had brought the food, drinks, fireworks and cards.

Daniel looked around for the speaker and once he did, he turned his phone to Bluetooth. "Yo, what phone you get for Christmas?" Kelvin wonders, approaching Daniel. Daniel shows him his iPhone and Kelvin pouts.

"Boooo! Rich people, suck!" Kelvin disses. Daniel rolls his eyes. "Getting all the good stuff."

"What'd you get for Christmas, ya grinch?"

"Fucking clothes." Kelvin rolls his eyes and sighs, deeply. "I swear, that's all my family knows what to get me."

"What are they supposed to get you?" Daniel raises an eyebrow.

"A heart felt gift." Kelvin says.

"That's not the point of Christmas." Ryan defends.

"Ryan, don't give us a lecture about what Christmas is about." Kelvin rolls his eyes.

"What'd you give to others?" Leo wonders. "You give them a empty poptart packet?"

"No." Kelvin laughs, dryly. "What do you take me for?"

"Some asshole who gave an empty pack for Christmas?" Leo offers.

"Haha, if you think I'm an asshole. I bought the children a big pack of lollies and they shared it."

"That's even worse." Leo flatly says.

"Dude, even I'm not even that cheap." Ryan says. "And I'm always. Cheap." Ryan grins.

"What are you talking about, Kelvin?" Kevin taps Kelvin shoulder. Kelvin sends Kevin a death threat glare. "You bought the children nerf guns and teddy bears. The candy was just something you got a hiding for."