Chapter thirty: Papers for all! Papers for me! F*ck you papers!

December rolls around.....

"He doesn't have anything bad on him?" Daniel asks as he sits on the picnic table. Matthew tips the sherbet into his mouth and passes to Kevin who does the same. Leo looks at his phone, paralyzed.

"I think someone changed the files. Do you still have the file?" Leo suddenly speaks.

"I think so." I scratch my head and pull my books out of my bag. I bring out a pile of files which I stare at and then up at Leo. Daniel squints at me confused and picks the seven files up. "I don't remember there being seven."

"I thought you only got one." Matthew takes one of the files out of Daniel's hand and smiles. "It's my file, Matthew Benjamin Hamilton." He says his full name and Daniel quickly takes his file and opens it wide.

I glance at his file and see a red paper sticking out from the corner, which forces me to pull it out.

"Dean detention." I say. Daniel's eyes go wide and he looks around snatching the paper out of my hands.

"Ignore that, I got it for a stupid reason." Daniel's cheek turn pink and he tucks it into the back of the files. Leo snorts and Kevin takes his file.

"He got detention for some funny dare in year ten." Leo chuckles.

"What'd he do?" I wonder, Kevin laughs and Daniel hits Leo's head.

"You don't want to know!" Daniel shouts.

"It was-" Daniel quickly grabs cologne from his blazer and sprays it into Leo's mouth. Twice. Leo holds his tongue out and starts spitting on the other side of the table. We watch as he keeps spitting and searches for a tap to rinse his mouth.

"If you don't want that to happen to you, don't bother telling Phoenix the story." Daniel threatens. His eyes glow blue and glare the guys. I put my hands up and soon search for my file. As I grab it, I flip it open and my mouth drop, tears starting to come out.

"Whoa, what happened?" Daniel puts a hand on my shoulder which drags the attention of the group. Leo had returned back and stood on the other side of the table, looking at me with a concerned facial.

"I'm-" I sniffle and flip open the page. "I'VE GOT GOOD GRADES!!" I stand up and the guys clap their hands. "THEY'RE ABOVE MY AVERAGE!! I GOT AN E FOR MATHS!!" I stand on the table this time and put my hands in the air.

"Alright, now get off the table." Matthew says. "People eat there."

"Right." I get off and sit on my seat. We all look at Kevin and he sits there while staring at a paper. "What is that?" I point at the paper which makes him look up. He glances at all of us then back to the paper. Kevin puts the paper on the table and we crowd around it.

"I dunno what the paper is but all I know is that the paper has scrambled words." Kevin shrugs.

"Does that mean there are different stuff inside our folders we just have to figure out which page it is." We all glance at each other and reach for the other folders that we hadn't opened and flip through.

What is going on?

~

Me and the guys had ran inside after it had started raining suddenly. We sat inside the library and saw it was empty which was good, and the library also wasn't as big as I thought it was. The library was just the size of a bookstore with a second floor which wasn't very spacious.

"Did anyone notice that it was only raining where we were?" Kevin asked. We stared at each other wide eyed and dropped everything quickly heading outside to see if Kevin was actually right. He was. Outside of the library, it was dry and there didn't seem to be any specks of rain on the ground.

"Are you saying someone started spraying water on us on purpose?" I crossed my hands and headed back inside. The others didn't follow except for Daniel.

When we came inside we had saw that the folders weren't on the table anymore and there was only eight papers. The eighth paper was ripped into pieces.

We both approached the paper and saw that the seven pages were filled with different puzzle things. There was one Sudoku, three pages with scrambled letters, one crossword and the rest were in different languages.

A/N it just turned into a mystery novel >w< lol. Just kidding, if you're feeling suspenseful about this. Comment on this line on how ya feel!

~

I lean back on the chair as we sit in Troy and Matthew's room. Leo sits in the center with the small table in the middle covered in stacks of paper. Kelvin is inside the room too and holding the different language papers.

"You speak different languages?" I ask Kelvin.

Kevin walks into the room with a cake and Ryan follows behind with cups of hot beverages. Troy studies for his exams on his side of the room and ignores us. He hums to himself while he listens to his type of music.

"Yep, and I'm not really proud of that." Kelvin says. He leans against Matthew's bed.

"Shotty, bro." Leo grabs the hot beverage and sips it. Matthew closes the curtains and Daniel switches the light on. We'd been working on the puzzle for about three hours and so far we weren't getting a clue.

I sit next to Kevin who's in the corner eating and I yawn. Daniel lies on Matthew's bed while Matthew puts his head on the table watching Kelvin and Leo trying to crack some codes. Ryan sips the hot drinks and smiles with his eyes closed.

"Who has exams tomorrow?" Troy turns around.

"Dude, seriously?" We all glare at him.

"I take it we don't have exams?" Troy says, we roll our eyes at him.

Matthew puts his hands up with a smile. "One more exam and I'm through with this shit!" He high fives Leo, Ryan and Kelvin before falling backwards and sleeping. We all watch the guy softly snore and shake our heads.

I close my eyes and lean against Kevin who does the same. I can hear talking from the middle but don't bother and fall asleep.

~

I rub my eyes and see the rest of the guys sleeping. It's so peaceful, for once. I tiptoe around the room and put some blankets on the guys, Matthews bed was piled with loads of blankets. Troy had slept on his desk and the others remained where they were in the beginning.

I placed the last blanket on Kelvin and reached for one of the papers that was tucked under Kelvin. My eyes lit up as I saw roughly sketched drawing on it, it was a sketch of a place. I knew this place. In fact, I was very familiar with it. 

After all, it was my dads company.