Chapter thirty eight: Memories of hers; It wasn't supposed to end like this

"Can I come or do I have to go away somewhere?" Maggie asks.

"You can come in, you just can't sit on the table with us."

"Has this suddenly come America now? What do I have to do to fit in with your group."

"Get a life?" I suggest.                                       

"Oh, right." Maggie laughs. "I'm going to get something to eat then go to starbucks. If you need me, I'll be there. I take you might be long so I'll be in the car after wards."

"Okay, meet in the car after." I get out of the car and head into the diner.

I see the twins, Leo and Ryan sitting there. They wave me over which I do. I take a seat, pulling out the chair next to Kevin. "Where's everyone else?" I ask, they shrug and don't seem to care that nobody is here.

"They're somewhere." Ryan says. "Daniel might be late cause he's got Brunch with the Rose family."

"Oh, yeah. Charlie." Leo says. "Matthew's gotta look after the store because Nicole refuses to look after it. He'll be here at twelve. That's when he can leave." Leo opens the menu and looks at it with Kelvin.

Ryan looks at the menu Kevin has and I do the same. There's only two menus. A lady comes over with a smile. "Orders?" We stare at the orders and take our turn talking.

"I'll have the club sandwich, milkshake, fries, the chicken Caesar salad, a fish burger and the wrap and-" the lady looks shocked at how much Kevin ordered "-maybe the fried-" Kelvin stops his brother from ordering anymore and let's the lady go.

~

After everyone arrives, we start the cup of tea and the story. "How did you come to our school?" Matthew wonders, taking a bite out of the sandwich.

"It's my turn, isn't it? Finally!" I smile, the guys laugh.

"Well, let's listen to her story, now." Daniel says. He rubs his hand together and shuffles in his seat.

"Interesting, it's time to take notes." Troy pulls out a notepad and a pen.

"Story time!" Kelvin, Leo and Matthew clap together.

Flashback

Year 12

July 28th

I take off my shirt and put on my pe shirt. I place my shoes on and finally leave the changing room after arriving a few minutes after the bell. The teacher stands there with her hands on her hips. The sun is bright and starts to blind me along with the other innocent students, besides Avery. The devil.

"Partner up, we're going to do stretches then play a game of basketball." She explains. I look around for Maggie and soon find that she's with someone else. The trust I had on her, now it's gone. I search around for people I like in the class to work with before I get someone I don't like.

I stand in the middle, pissed and annoyed. "Phoenix meet Avery. Avery meet Phoenix, you two partners."

"Oh, great. I get the blonde one."

"Oh, shut up. You bitch." Avery replies, rolling her eyes.

"Look who's talking." I laugh. She kicks me in the shin and she laughs. I punch her in the arm and I laugh. Before we start breaking out into physical small fighting moves. The teacher keeps blowing the whistle and doesn't try to actually stop us.