Chapter twenty five: They weren't gone for long, seriously

Two weeks later

I looked out the window to be staring at the orange glow rising up. Yawning, I reached for my uniform and quickly changing. I snatched the tie off my desk and walked out of the room with my small bag filled with random school objects.

I didn't bother with the tie since I didn't know how to tie a tie. I walked down the three flights of stair since my destination was the student center before any other school place.

I made it to the student center and gently turned the gold, ruined door knob. The door wasn't locked and when I opened it, obviously someone had broken in through the night to get something from here but didn't lock up.

I was then grabbed by the wrist and pinned firmly against the door. I saw a glaring Troy who seemed to have a softer looked after realizing it was just me. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be asleep or having breakfast?"

"I came to search for something." I confessed.

"Did you go inside yet?" Troy asked, I moved out of the way for Troy to open the door. He sighed and fell back to leveled ground and off the slope. I titled my head and tried for the entrance of the door but Troy held me back by pulling the tie which soon rested in his hands.

"Are you going to wear the tie?" Troy didn't bother for a reply and made me turn to face him. "I don't care if you're a girl and you don't know how to wear a tie but still, if you need help ask for it."

"You should set an example before you try telling me this." Troy lifted my collar up harshly, I could feel the tug. He threw the tie around my neck and tightened the triangle bit of the tie. (A/N both me and Phoenix aren't supposed to know the name.)

"I did yet nobody takes it." Troy retorted back. "If you step inside, alarms will go off. They keep the door open because it's impossible to get in. The lasers can't even be deactivated, Leo's tried more than ten times."

"Leo's just not a good hacker then."

"Trust me. I wouldn't even think to expel the kid." Troy reached for a rock and passed it inside. I tried to stop him thinking it would set the alarm off but it didn't. I tried to put my finger through but Troy pulled my arm back.

"Don't even think about it."

"C'mon, ya never know if you try." I chuckled, Troy shook his head and I took the time to push him in. I expected the alarms to go off but it didn't, Troy laid on his ass with his eyes wide open. "I thought the alarms were supposed to go off."

"Me too." Troy looked inside the door only to see Logan standing inside with the key. He smirked before running past us and suddenly the alarms going off. Troy grabbed my hand and pulled me towards a bush near the student center.

~

Nathan stood behind me with a box full of chess pieces. "Would you do me the honor and become my chess partner?" He looked down blushing. Nathan glanced at me with a nervous smile.

"I can't even play chess."

"Doesn't matter. You can be the very special queen." Nathan opened the box searching for the queen and instead he pulled out the king.

"I know I don't play chess but I'm pretty sure that's king."

"I know, but I shall be the queen that protects you."

"No. I don't like you, okay. Just because you know something-"

"Who knows what?" Leo asked. "If it's about chess, I've won without even playing." Leo took the box of Nathan who reached for the box but the difference in height was pretty huge. Leo held the box up and Nathan jumped for it before crouching in defeat.