Chapter twenty eight: Task one

"So what? I have to sneak into the office to get his files?" I stared at Leo in disbelief and he shrugged. He sipped his coffee mug and leaned against his wheelie chair which I was starting to get a temptation to spin him so his coffee can spill on him.

"If you don't want the files then you can just give defeat and leave." I took his coffee mug and spilled it on him. Leo choked out in surprise and started to fan his clothing from his skin. 

"I thought I saw a huge rock salt in the bottom of this." Leo wiped his eyes and glared at me. I dropped it in his hands and I shrugged. "If you don't wanna be helpful you can just shut the fuck up." 

"Hey, at least I'm not Kelvin." Leo stands up and lifts his shirt up and searches for a shirt and towel. "Neither Nathan. He dropped my phone! It cracked like a bitch." Leo groans while wiping himself with his red towel. 

"It seemed in a good condition when you brought it out yesterday." I yawned, opening the blinds in his room. Leo slips into his shirt and sat back down in the wheelie. Leo turns his computer on and enters his passwords with a smile. 

"If you need a way to get into the office, I've got a schedule for when the office ladies are on break and other things." Leo prints out a paper out which he picks up from the other side of the room which is located under the bed. "I put the printer here in case someone tries to hack my computer and print out something. Usually hackers try to print my IP address but that's not going to happen." 

"I have no idea what you said but....." I trailed off with confusion before Leo pat my back and handed me the sheet. I look at the sheet with disbelief. The times are very specific and I guess too accurate? 

"Well, have fun. On the other side is a map on how to get inside. Varieties of ways to get in through small vents to a back door." Leo grins as the towel is around his shoulders is flying. He spins himself around which I raise a foot and kick him off hard. 

Leo falls with a hard thud and looks up at me. "First you want me to melt, second you want to me to jump? What next, you want me to burn?" He suggests. I roll my eyes and reach for the door handle making sure to kick some of stuff out of the way. 

"Aye! That shirt was forty!" I close the door behind me and look at the paper. 

This is going to be hard. 

~

I look around and hold the rope around my shoulders. I start to whistle like I'm not doing anything shady. I tie a little loop at the end of the rope and throw it up for something at the top to catch it and there I can pull myself up. 

I pull down as the rope is hanging from above. I tug at it once more and begin to pull myself using the window sill as a guide to get my up. Why am I doing this by myself again? I mumble to myself. 

"Phoenix, what are you doing?" I see a shorter boy behind me which makes me jump a little. I see Ian standing there with a confused facial and I have a perfectly normal face. (A/N, if you don't remember Ian jump back to chapter two.) 

"Nothing much, justabouttoclimbtheoffice what about you?" I laugh as I lean against the brick wall. Ian looks up at the wall and I follow his eyes, whistling at the rope. 

"Wonder what's that doing there." I throw the rope behind me and pretend I don't have anything to do with it. Ian shakes his head before passing me, reaching for the rope. Ian tugs on it with his mouth open. 

"We should climb it." He suggests with his eyes lighting up not even looking at me. I nod with agreement. That was my plan in the first place. 

"You go first, since you're..." Ian scans me up and down and I hit his head. "Alright, I'm kidding. You're not fat." 

"I hope you were." I glance up before looking around. 

"Use your sleeves so you don't get rope burn and once you're at the top throw me the jumper." Ian says. I shrug and pull my sleeves so their covering my hands. I climb the window sill and look down at Ian. He pats my calf which I kick him off. 

"Don't fucking touch me." 

"Sorry." He mouths. 

I press myself against the wooden part of the window and pull myself up which is safe. I start to climb this two story building. Ian stares up as I keep going up but he shouts for me. "Phoenix, left!" He points. 

I can hear the window sill open on the other window and I can hear a teacher. My heart starts to beat faster than it's ever. This was so exciting and thrilling. The wind rushes through my just like the adrenaline I was feeling. 

I was scared of heights but the view was kind of....Refreshing. 

I placed a hand over my beating heart to reassure that I was safe. "Ian? Is that you?" A female voice asks. Ian looks around and points at him. 

"What are you doing down there? Don't forget to attend class. It's going to start in a few minutes." 

"Don't worry, I'll be at class soon." Ian rubs his neck as he laughs nervously. I can hear the window close and Ian nods his head which makes my stomach turn now. The wind rushes past me but not in a good way. I can feel my hands sweating now and my legs turning to jelly. 

I turn myself around but can feel my foot sweating. What the fuck? I grip the rope and breath in, I should have gotten some actual safety gear instead of a rope and just rope. I hold on tight and breath out before helping myself up the rope. 

I bit my bottom lip and continue on. I can hear Ian cheering me on and I finally make it to the cliff of the roof and pull myself. I breath in and out and can see that the rope is secured around the chimney. That was a good aim. 

I take my jumper off and throw it down to Ian and wait for him to climb up making sure to hold onto the rope so it doesn't ripe. To my surprise it doesn't. 

I look around and breath in the fresh air as finally Ian makes it up. The jumper goes above his waist and he seems pretty comfy in it. "Wow, it's oddly soft. It's like a girls jumper so snuggly." He giggles. 

Well, it is a girl's jumper. 

"Shut up, I wore cause it was cold and the uniform sweater is thin." I roll my eyes. I pull out the folded piece of paper from my jean pocket and scan the times of when the office ladies would be inside or out. When the lunch time bell goes off then they'll be on break. All of them..

I breath in and Ian looks around. "We going in?" 

"Yeah. Let's go." 

~