Chapter 5: For Nora...

(couple days later)

I finally entered my old home, it was partially collapsed. Walking through the broken front door, it was filthy in here, my tan floors were now brown and dark-- leaves were piled up in here. My furniture was ruined- This is what the apocalypse has done to my wonderful home. I walk through the small hallway- entering my bedroom-- all that was left was a burnt wooden frame. My pictures of family and friends-- were scattered around some pieces burned off. I opened my dresser-- some clothes remained cleaned, some dirty and some were missing, I couldn't change into my old clothes- I'm stuck wearing this stupid old dirty jumpsuit. I borrow on of Ash's white t-shirts, I had the upper half of the suit tied around my waist, the lower half i was still using as pants. The weather is extremely hot-- I couldn't bare to keep wearing it. Ash was gone doing some important mission for Preston, something about settlements needing help. He promised he would be back, I believe him.

(Codsworth)- " Miss (y/n), can I get you anything?"

(y/n)- " I'm okay, but thank you Codsworth"

(Codsworth)-  "Ash asked me to fulfill your needs, anything at all"

(y/n)- " I'm fine, really I am"

(Codsworth)- "Alright mum" codsworth hums away to himself, it was cute.

I Sat at the curb of the street, It was shining bright out today-- the weather was really out too. I didn't know what to do here, I had nothing to do but wait till Ash gets back with dogmeat. Strange name for a dog. I hope he doesn't take long.

(Sturges)- " Hey, you alright?" I focussed my attention to sturges-- I guess I must have dazed off into the distance.

(y/n)- " Yeah-- I'm fine, just thinking"

(Sturges)- " Well you have a lot of time to do that. Say-- since you don't seem to be all that busy, would you mind helping me?"

(y/n)- " Sure, beats doing thing and waiting for Ash to get back" I got up dusting off the dirt from my rear end from the dirty curb. I follow Sturges to what looks like wooden walls on the ground-- what is he trying to build?

(Sturges)- " It may not look much now-- but I'm trying to build an outhouse"

(y/n)- " Hmm"

(Sturges)- " It's a comforting thing, better to have it outside than inside"

(y/n)- " How are we gonna do this?"

(Sturges)- " Help me lift this wall up, I'll pin it to the ground"

I lifted the wooden wall with sturges help, I held onto it straight for him to hammer it to the ground. I feel somwhat useful now.

(time skip)

The sky was getting darker and darker by the hour. I wipped away the sweating dripping down my forehead. Sturges and I finally finished building this outhouse-- I gotta say, it isn't bad. I hear noises from a distance, preston had his gun aiming- just in case if it was an intruder. There was a light coming this way, I see dogmeat happily running this way. Ash is finally here.

(y/n)- " Dogmeat!" wagging his tail to see me, I pet him so happily. Preston and Ash exchange pats on the back, he was coming this way.

(Y/n)- " You're back" I notice his shirt was spotted with blood.

(Ash)- " I'm here, safe and sound" I grabbed his left arm that had the pipboy flashlight on- I raised it up to see something clear. He was shot in arm.

(y/n)- " You're not okay--you've got a bullet wound"

(Ash)- " I'll be okay-- I took a stimpak"

(y/n)- " Hmm, stimpaks won't always be there. Next time I should go with you"

(Ash)- " Do you know how to use a gun?"

(Y/n)- " No, but I can learn"

(Ash)- " Even if you can learn-- can you aim you gun at another person?"

(y/n)- " I don't know, maybe"

(Ash)- " This isn't a maybe situation, you either shoot- or you're dead. What I learned from being out here is to shoot whatever is coming at you"

(y/n)- " Okay I got it."

(Ash)- " Good. I'm gonna get washed up and gonna get some rest"

(y/n)- " Are you leaving tomorrow?"

(Ash)- " Yeah"

(y/n)- " Where you going?"

(Ash)- " I'm heading out to Diamond City first thing in the morning"

(y/n)- " Can I go with you tomorrow?" I don't know why I asked.

(Ash)- " what?"

(y/n)- " I know the dangers of being out there but I don't want to be here waiting for you--thinking if your alive or not. If I'm out there with you I can watch your back- help you out."

(Ash)- " Its dangerous out there, I don't think--"

(y/n)- " Ash please, I don't need you looking out for me. You did that once when taking me into the vault. Now it's my turn to look after you...For Nora" his face, it was hard to read-- I want to watch him, he's like the only friend I have out here.

(Ash)- "Alright, tomorrow-- we leave at dawn"

----------

That's all I have typed xD

If you're still interested in reading-- let me know and i'll continue typing :)