Chapter 59: Day Off

(One week later..)

I dig my fingers deep into Ash's hair, it was so long and....dirty. Probably shouldn't have done that.

(y/n)- " Ready?"

(Ash)- " I don't know, it's been 200 years since my last haircut. I was sort of digging the whole long hair look."

(y/n)- " Not when your hair is half white. Do it John" I call to him to start cutting his hair. Ash was shifting in his seat, he was nervous for a haircut? Really? My hand was suddenly pulled away from the scene. MacCready pulls me close to his body, that nice....body of his.

(MacCready)- " Hello beautiful, John did a good job with you." he grabs a strip of my hair and admires the color. It's nothing special, just a color change to (Hair color). I guess he really likes it. I turn around and MacCready hugs me from behind. I stare as John and Ash, he can't back out of it now.

(MacCready)- " while Ash is getting a make over, how about we go do something?" he whispers into my ear.

(y/n)- " What? Now?"

(MacCready)- " No! Not that, but I will take a raincheck. I was thinking we do something special, before the war starts with The Brotherhood and The Institute happens"

(y/n)- " Okay, what do you have in mind?"

(MacCready)- " I'll get back to you on that"

I continue to look at Ash's transformation, his hair color was back to brown again. Short on the sides and short...but not to short on top. He looked good, his scruff was still there-- probably wants to keep it. I unhooked MacCready's arm that was holding me and I walk up to John and Ash.

(John)- " Lookin' good Kid"

(Ash)- " Am I?" he chuckles nervously.

(y/n)- " Looks great Ash, There's only one more thing you gotta do"

(Ash)- " What is that?" I stared at him as I pointed with my left index finger to Publick Occurrences, Hinting that he needs to Ask Piper out.

(Ash)- " Hey-- I can't just ask her out..."

(y/n)- " Why not-- you got the sick haircut....looking brand new. She likes you, do you like her?"

(Ash)- " Uh--.yeah, I suppose so" he gets up from the barber chair and step down from the shop.

(y/n)- " Ash, I know moving on is the hardest part. MacCready is dealing with it too, but he's moving on and look,we're together."

(Ash)- " Kind of miss you two hating each other..." her mumbles.

(y/n)- " Anyway.....can you give her a shot? I mean, She's really nice. Nora would want you to be happy" Ash looks to me and smiles. I see him about to raise his hand to shake my hair but I caught him before he can do it.

(Ash)- " So you finally caught on?"

(y/n)- " Yeah. I've got fast speed like ferals" Ash laughs, and quickly brings his left hand, shaking my hair! Damn it!

(Ash)- "I got two hands you know. Well, wish me luck...gonna go ask piper"

(y/n)- " Go get her Ash" I say as I try to fix my new hair into place. He startsto step forward but quickly turns back

(Ash)- " You think now is the best time? I mean.....We're about to go to war?"

(y/n)- "Ash, Maxson gave us time off to relax and prepare before we do, and now's the best time to do that"