Chapter 47: Med-Tek (Part 2)

(time skip)

This place was infested with feral ghouls! Feral there, feral here. No wonder he said he was gonna be risky, If i would have known it was ferals-- I wouldn't have came with just us two. So far...we're handling it well..mostly MacCready is killing them but still.. He can't do it alone. After clearing an office room filled with ferals, this room as already at edge of collasping.

(y/n)- " Jesus christ...." I coughed from how the smell went up my nose.

(MacCready)-" Hey. Check the terminal on the desk over there. Sinclair's passcodes better work, or we're screwed." He hands me the passcodes and I head around to the desk to check on the terminal. I knew my way around a terminal--I typed in the password and it worked, I'm surprised it actually worked. I looked back to MacCready and he sighed in relief. Back to the termincal screen, I override the containment lockdown....I don't even know if that's a good thing or a bad thing..but it's too late now.

(MacCready)- " Thank god that worked..Let's find our way down to the Sub-Level. That's where MedTek should be storing the cure"

(y/n)- " Following your lead on this one boss"

(MacCready)- " Boss? I can get use to that" he smirks, yeah right...

(y/n)- " Yeah, yeah-- don't let that get to your head" I shove him to start heading to where we need to be.

(time skip)

(MacCready)- " Watch it!" he grabs me right when a turret above in the next room starts to fire at the ground. I was up against the wall, with him placing his left forearm to protect me.

(y/n)- " Thanks.." I mumbled.

(MacCready)- " I got this..cover me" he steps out aiming his rifle. He fires one shot and a small explosion burts out. It startles me, through ferals and turrets....we're so damn close to getting to this cure, just hope it's somewhere there. MacCready moved on up ahead, There was a room, it just seemed like it was the place to store things inside, like it was just placed in the center of this basement. We turned down the corner, before I can go on another terminal to open it, MacCready stops me.

(y/n)- " What is it?"

(MacCready)- " Look inside.."

I walked over to the nearest window...holy shit...feral ghouls and a glowing ghoul...This is probably my first time seeing one that glows. We're so fucked once we open these doors.

(y/n)- " What do you want to do?"

(MacCready)- " We can't open the door" he said with disappointment. What is he talking about? We just have to clear those ghouls and we're set, cure is somewhere in there.

(y/n)- " Why not? We just open the door and take out those ghouls. Simple"

(MacCready)- " Do you not see the big green glowing zombie?" he starts to raise his voice.

(y/n)- " I see it, looks like the rest of the zombies in there. Look, we open the door-- pop, pop-- they drop to the floor and we find the cure"

(MacCready)- " Think smart here, that one can take us down just by its radiation....I knew this was gonna turn sour. We should just go...there's no way around this" he starts to step back, I place my hand on his lower back to stop him from leaving.

(MacCready)-" (y/n), come on.....let's go"

(y/n)- " No. We've came this far, we didn't clear half this building just to turn back now? That Glowing ghoul is standing in the way of you saving your son! Don't you care about Duncan, MacCready? You've came from the Capitol Wasteland to the Commonwealth to find a cure for him, and it's in there....and you want to turn back now?"

(MacCready)-" (y/n).."

(y/n)- " No, let's open that damn door and get that cure..."

(MacCready)- " Alright..... But we need a plan"

(y/n)- " I got one plan..." I pulled out a few grenades, he smirks and tilts his head to the side...

(y/n)- " Trust me.."

(MacCready)-" Ahh...hell..let's do it. Open the door" he grabs the grenades and gets into position. I got onto the terminal and unlocked the door, I nodded to MacCready-- oh shit....here we go. I opened the door, the locks unclicked-- geting the ghouls attention. They started to get up from the floor and coming towards us.

(MacCready)- " Take cover!" he pulls the triggers off and throws them into the room. He charges after me, grabbing me by the waist-- pinning me down. His body ontop of me to protect me. I held him incase all this goes to shit...I gripped his jacket as tight as I could. The explosion goes off. The ground vibrates and shakes....my ears were ringing but not to bad. MacCready lifts his head up facing me.

(MacCready)- " You okay?"

(y/n)- " Yeah. You?"

(MacCready)- " I was just starting to have fun"

(y/n)- " Ghouls probably didn't survive"

(MacCready)- " Yeah, probably..." he gets up off of me. He dusts himself off and held out a hand for me to get up. I took his hand and he helped me get on my feet. I dusted myself off as I entered the room we killed the ghouls. Ghoul body parts just scattered around the lab...blood pools here and there....they had no chance of getting out.

(y/n)- " Look for the cure, I'll check over here..." I walked over behind some messed up desks....papers just gone with the wind. I checked here and there.

(MacCready)- " Anything? There's gotta be something in these damn things...."

This is it, it's gotta be here...I open drawers and fridges.....nothing. I walked over to the lab table...I move shit around to see this red little tube...what the hell is it, is this it?

(y/n)- " MacCready. Come here" he comes to me with fast steps.

(MacCready)- " Did you find it?"

(y/n)- " I think I found it"

(MacCready)- " Holy crap....we did it, We actually did it! We just gave Duncan a fighting chance to live" I handed it to his hands and he held it tightly, hopefully he doesn't lose it or break it....all of this would have been for nothing.

(MacCready)- "I don't know how I'll ever be able to pay you back for this....I owe you big time"

(y/n)-" You're already running quite a tab" I joked.

(MacCready)- " I know I am. I've always been better at taking than giving. Maybe one day I'll learn to get my priorities straight. Anyway, the last step ahead of us is getting the cure to Daisy in Goodneighbor. With her caravan contacts, she's the only one I trust to get this to Duncan on time. This is the last favor I'm going to ask, I promise. Let's go"