Chapter 30: Idiots

(Next day)

It feels so nice being able to stay home, I get to sleep in-- cook, clean and do whatever. Its like living normally now. Ash and MacCready were out, probably helping a settlement. I wish I gone with them but they were gone when I woke up, Damn them. I'll just have to make good meals when theyre not here.

(y/n)- " Right Dogmeat? I'll make you some good meals" he wags his tail in joy. I went over to the fridge and grabbed a nuke cola, if only there was water...I got on the couch to enjoy some t.v. special.....the 'please stand by' show. Let me tell you its my favorite. I lay on the couch, Dogmeat jumps on and lays next to me. Where are those two-- I swear if they have done something to get them in trouble....I'm punishing them myself. I moved my hair to the side-- I accidentally hit the side of my head with my pipboy. Ow, that hurt. Sometimes I forget I'm wearing one. I looked through the pipboy-- turning on the radio, my favorite song was playing. Atom bomb baby, I can listen to that all day. I can imgine shooting down a super mutant and lip syncing to this song. That is something weird to imagine but hey, its me. I got nothing to do today-- I didn't want to be home by myself, maybe I'll go see piper. She has the new news paper up, I still haven't had a chance to read it yet.

(time skip)

I put my hair inside MacCready's hat, I don't know why he hasn't taken it back but it's really useful for me. I left Dogmeat inside the house-- as I just exited our home. I wouldn't want him running off-- I had a dog like that back when I was a child. I don't want to lose another pet. I make way pass the markets and walk to the Publick Occurences. I entered the doors and right away I was greeted by Piper.

(Piper)- " Hey Blue number two, what brings you here?"

(y/n)- " Nothing much, just thought I come by and say hello"

(piper)- " That's nice of you, have a seat. Would you like anything to drink?"

(y/n)- " No thanks, had a nuka cola earlier" I sat down on her couch, folding my legs up

(Piper)- " So did you read my new article in the paper about you two?"

(y/n)- " Not yet, I've been out helping everyone out there."

(Piper)- " I suggest you take a look at that when you have time, so where's Blue one and your body guard?"

(y/n)- " I don't know, I woke up and when I went to check on them they were gone. No note or anything, I think they're out helping settlements." It bothers me that I don't know where they are but I'm lost basically.

(Piper)- " Really? Hmm, I wonder why, have you gone to see Valentine Detective Agency?"

(y/n)- " No, maybe I'll go see if they stopped by there?" I really hope I can figure out where they went, I will beat their heads together so hard.....

(Piper)- " Let me know when you find them"

(y/n)- "Okay, it was nice seeing you Piper, bye" I left her place and was back outside. It was actually pretty cold out, we're in November......I think? I didn't know where the agency was so I just walked around till I saw a sign with the words I am looking for.

I found it, I really hope he can help me. I placed my hand on the door and entered in. it was small, cramped, there was a woman behind the next going through some file cabinets. She eyed me but continued to go through files.

(woman)- " Sorry, like I said to the others we're closed for now"

(y/n)- " The others? Who else came here? Was it a guy with long messy hair tide up, sort of muscular? Was he with another guy-- kinda scrawny, but fit...carries a rifle...looks like he's in a bad mood all the time?" I was out of breathe describing them to her.

(woman)-" Whoa, relax, take in some air. Yes, the people you're describing came through here a while ago. They offered to help me get business backup soon"

(y/n)- " What do you mean, so you know where they went?" I'm so close to blowing up....

(woman)- " They're helping me search for Nick valentine, he's my boss-- also the detective around here"

(y/n)- " So you lost your detective?"

(woman)- " He was on a case and I don't know-- he hasn't returned. Your friends offered to help-- they went to venture off to find Nick"

(y/n)-" So they left me here.....while they go off together?" I took a seat to collect my thoughts, I feel anger right now inside me.

(woman)- " You okay? Need a glass of water or something? I'm Elle by the way-- what's yours?"

(y/n)- " Uh...(y/n), its (y/n)."

(Elle)- " Okay (y/n)--uhh, did your friends mention anything to you about leaving?"

(y/n)- " No, I was suppose to go with them but they just left me here"

(Elle)- " I'm sorry"

(y/n)- " Wait a second, you know were they went right?"

(Elle)- " Sort of, Nick had a case file leading him somewhere, I told your friends where Nick might have went--"

(y/n)- " Do you still have that case file?" I stood up quickly, I was getting sort of excited in a way-- if she did have it.....I'm going after them.

(Elle)- " I do--"

(y/n)- " Let me get that case file, I want to go after my friends and I'll help you find your boss too"

(Elle)- " Are-- are you sure?"

(y/n)- " yes, I want to go out there"

(Elle)- " Oh-- okay" she reaches on the table moving aside other files to finally finding the right one. She hands me the case file. I carried it gently to not drop anything. I said goodbye to Elle and was back outside. I stood just outside the agency to take a look at the case file. This was gonna help me track down Ash and Maccready,....those stupid idiots, they think leaving me out of the loop is gonna keep me here, I don't think so. I'm skimming through the file and one name that stood out to me was Park Street Station,That's where i'm heading. I head back to the house, being greeted by Dogmeat.