Chapter 20: Long Road Ahead.

These are the mods/ Clothes in my game. I thought "Hey-- they looked good man"

-----------

(time skip)

We were gonna head out in just a few but I told him I needed a minute. I wanted to do some last minute things. By things, I mean shop at Fallon's Basement. I am sick and tired of these clothes! I found clothes that were just my size, the rest were bigger. I asked Becky if I could change in her store. She was okay with it. She looked away for me to change quickly. I stripped off the remains of the vault suit and the dirty stained shirt. I put on a black t-shirt... it looked a bit big. Also it's hot in the commonwealth. I took off the shirt to make some adjustments.

(Y/n)- "Can I borrow your scissors?" Becky passed me some as she was trying not to look. I grabbed them from her hands and started to cut the shirt. I made a v-neck shape to the shirt, Now my chest can breathe! I also about some pants-- it was a faded blue jeans, slightly ripped. They were tight too, but at least my clothing wont get snagged on anything. I tuck the rest of the shirt into my jeans. Black boots, they were comfy and hopefully no person has died in them, That would be a no in my book, But these black combat boots.....I could make an exception. I told Becky it was okay for her to look now, Time to head out and see to MacCready's gunner problem. I was about to leave but I had an interesting Idea.

I exited the store covering MacCready's surprise behind my back.

(MacCready)- " Finally, you could have gotten a make-over when we got back"

(y/n)- " Do you want to smell that jumpsuit? I was in need of a change of clothes"

(MacCready)- " Are you ready to head out? It's probably like a day hike"

(y/n)- " I'm ready, but you're not"

(MacCready)- " What're you talking about?" I reveal his surprise. It was a new spare of clothes.

(MacCready)- " I don't need new clothes, I'm good with these" as he crosses his arms.

(y/n)- " Winlock and Barnes will see you coming in that green and yellow get up, If they see you in these they wouldn't be able to tell it you" I say handing it to him. He sighs heavily and just agreed to change out of his old clothes. He goes into Falons basement. After a few minutes he comes out unreconziable. He still kept his green hat.

(MacCready)- " I feel light weight"

(y/n)- " Isn't that good?"

(MacCready)- " No. How will I know if I'm full of caps or extra ammunition?"

(y/n)- " Geez, you're such a complainer"

(MacCready)- " Lets just get going already"

(Time skip)

We headed west, MacCready knew where there hangout spot would be. I'm a littler scared that I'm leaving without leaving a note or something for Ash when he gets back. Thats if he gets back. I'm also nervous just leaving a safe zone and going on a hunt to kill two men with MacCready. MacCready....why am I doing this, maybe I did this just to be nice. I follow MacCready-- he seemes to know where he's going.

(MacCready)- " You all right back there?" he says checking in on me.

(y/n)- " Yeah-- just thinking"

(MacCready)- " You'll be fine, I gave you one of my extra rifles. They won't know what hit them"

(y/n)- " I only had about two days of training, I don't think I'm qualified to use this in battle"

(MacCready)- " You're a pretty good shot"

(y/n)- " I shoot at non-moving objects, what makes you think I can shoot a moving person?" I lose my footing from stepping down from a rock. MacCready caught me by grabbing my left arm. I look up at him, he looked really serious-- not his usual smirks.

(MacCready)- " We wouldn't be doing this if I didn't trust you with a rifle" as he lets go and continues to go ahead.

(y/n)- " You have a point , I suppose..."

Climbing down some large rocks, MacCready jumps down. It seemed like a high jump.

(MacCready)- "You coming down or what?" My knees were starting to get weak.

(y/n)- " Its...high"

MacCready lifts his arms out.

(MacCready)- " I'll catch you, come on"

(y/n)- " Are you gonna catch me? You're not gonna drop me?" I swear to god if he doesn't catch me-- I'm killing MacCready and telling Ash he ran away.

(MacCready)- "Yeah I'll catch you"

I take a deep breath and jump down. MacCready caught me just like he said, hands around my waist. I got out of his hands and we continue to climb down. Ahead of us-- water, our enemy.

(y/n)- " How are we gonna get across?"

(MacCready)- " We'll just swim-- it's a short swim and we'll climb back up t the top" I really hate water.

(y/n)- " I can't swim"

(MacCready)- " What? You live in a apocalypse type world and you can't swim?"

(y/n)- " No, it was on my list of things to do but you know...I spent 200 years sleeping"

MacCready sighs, He takes off his backpack and hands it to me.

(y/n)- " What do you want me to do with this?' He bends his knees. What the hell is he doing?

(MacCready)- " Carry that and get on my back. I'll be your support"

(y/n)- " What?"

(MacCready)- " No arguing-- come on" as he bends a little lower. I put on his backpack on top of mine, it felt so uncomforable. I got on MacCready's back, basically piggyback style-- He held onto my legs as I leaned forward to stay on his back. We gets in the water-- swimming with me on his back. How can he swim with me on him? My shoes and legs were wet-- I hate the feeling of my feet being wet inside my shoes. We make it acorrss he puts me down. I hand him his pack and he starts to climb up the rocks to get back up to ground level. He helps me climb up since he knows I'm clumsy.

Once we got up top we continue to head to Mass pike interchange.I'm enjoying being out in the open instead of being in the city. Seeing trees feels a little bit more comforting. I see something moving near some tall bushes. I stop but I stepped on a branch making it snap. A head pop up and growled. I aimed my gun-- if it growls shoot at it, it means its something bad that was to hurt me. MacCready's words echo in my head, ' don't think, just aim and shoot'. I shot at a large furless bear. I got it directly in the head. It collapsed on the floor-- I can't believe I got it.

(MacCready)- " Now that's what I call a confirmed kill" MacCready chuckles.

(y/n)-" I killed this animal" I was saddened by this

(MacCready)- " That animal isn't friendly-- they are killers." as he passes me continuing to go on ahead.