Chapter 33: Jobs done-- return home

(time skip)

We finally rescued the Detective, Nick Valentine. When we found him he wasn't what I was expecting.....he's a synth....I was a little surprised. His face was like peeling or falling off-- well, not skin really, I don't know. We were following him out the vault-- he knew a way out. My shoulder was feeling better now, that stimpak was really helping. MacCready was right by my side, so was Ash. These two....they really just need to cool it. Valentine started speaking to Ash, Ash goes up ahead to catch up to him. MacCready stuck by my side, what's new?

(MacCready)- " That was real stupid of you, you know that?"

(y/n)- " What, to follow my friends....The ones who left me behind?"

(MacCready)- " We didn't leave you behind, we did it to protect you.....I guess we failed at that"

(y/n)- " Yeah-- so this proves, I have to go with you guys"

(MacCready)- " This proves you cant be alone for five minutes-- someone has to watch you"

(y/n)- " Fuck off"

(MacCready)- " I'm not easy to get rid off, good luck trying"

(y/n)- " One day" I said under my breathe.

Ash, Valentine were up ahead further taking care of more people in the vault trying to gun us down. I was told stay behind-- MacCready was watching me, carefully-- probably hoping I wouldn't make another stupid move. MacCready seems more flustered than Ash, Ash is just worried that I got hurt, MacCready is mad that I'm just here-- what the hell. Nick Valentine told us we were reaching the end of the tour, He mentions something about Skinny Malone? Who's he? Valentine, Ash stepped through the vault doors first. MacCready whispers to me to stick to him carefully. I just nodded, I shouldn't resist, not when I'm injured and these people had heavy weapons aiming at us.

(Valentine)- " Skinny.."

(Malone)- "Nicky? What're you doin'? You come into my house, shoot up my guys. You have any idea how much this is gonna set me back?"

(Valentine)- " I wouldnt be here if it werent for your two-timing dame, skinny. You ought to tell her to write home more often"

(Darla)- " Aww...poor little valentine. Ashamed you got beat up by a girl? I'll just run back home to daddy, shall I?" god, hearing her voice-- was annoying me, can we just walk by as we talk to them?

(Malone)- "Should've just left it alone, Nicky. This aint the old neighborhood. In this vault, I'm king of the castle, you hear me? I aint letting some private dick shut us down now that I finally got a good thing going"

(Darla)- "I told you we should'v just killed him! Then you had to go get all sentimental. All that stupid crap about the "old times"."

(y/n)- " God shut up already!" Oh shit.....I was suppose to say that in my mind-- MacCready glares at me for a second and looks back at Malone and his woman. Darla flares her nostrils-- she tightens her grip on the baseball bat like she's going to attack at any moment.

(Malone)- " Darla-- I'll handle this, relax. You! Who do you think you are talking to my girl like that, I should come over there and show you a thing or two about manners!" MacCready gently pushed me back and he stood infront of me, blocking my view of Malone, shielding me.

(Ash)- " Alright, everyone just relax...skinny-- don't make anything worse, just let us walk and no one needs to get hurt"

(Malone)-" Ugh...ahh... you got until the count of ten, If I still see you.....I'm gunning you down. 1..."

Valentine starts moving, we all follwing him leading out the station going a different way then the way we came in. MacCready kept shielding me when passing by Malone and Darla, I sort of wished a fight broke out so I can really shut her up....maybe next time. We went up through the surface through a manhole. The smell of fresh air, it was dark out-- cold even. Ash and valetine were talking, MacCready was checking the surrounding, I was moving my shoulder to see if it has heald a little bit more. Valentine started walking off on his own-- probably going back to Diamond City.

I look at side the side of Ash's face-- he looked exhausted, he really needed to sleep. He glances at the both of us and sighs deeply.

(MacCready)- " Jobs done"

(Ash)- "Yeah" he faintly chuckles.

(MacCready)- " Man, I can really use a cigarette"

(Ash)- " Same here, Good thing I picked this up in there" ash reaches a pack of cigarettes in his back pockets, he reveals it out to us with a smirk. I chuckle and MacCready too.

(MacCready)- " What's the point of picking up junk in there?"

(y/n)- " We picked you up....."

(Ash)- " Oh, shit...." Ash laughs uncontrollably, I smile grinning at MacCready and he glares at me.

(MacCready)- " (y/n) you look cold-- don't worry friend, I got you" MacCready wraps his right arm around the back of my neck pulling me inwards, towards his armpit-- and side ribs. I tried to get free but he was keeping my head there.

(y/n)- " MacCready stop!" I was muffled by his clothes being close to him.

(MacCready)- " It's cold outside-- let's go home, come on buddy" He starts moving still holding me, I had no choice but to go with him but I was still trying to get out of his hold. I hear Ash laugh-- is he not going to help me!?